Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Image Generation - Why Only Bearded Men?

Level 1

When I specify "caucasian man in his 50's", it returns images of men with beards over 90% of the time. And yes, this even happens if I add "clean-shaven" or "without facial hair". What do I need to do to get a man without a beard?

2 Replies

Level 7

HI @supergolfdude ,

1. Review training data: Check if the training data used for image generation in AEM predominantly features bearded men when depicting "caucasian men in their 50s." If so, the model might have learned to associate this demographic with facial hair.

2. Adjust search parameters: Try refining your search parameters to include more specific descriptors. Instead of just specifying "caucasian man in his 50s," add descriptors like "clean-shaven" or "without facial hair" to explicitly indicate your preference.

3. Use diverse descriptors: Experiment with different ways of describing the person you want to generate. Consider adding descriptors like "business attire," "friendly smile," or "sporty appearance" to diversify the search results.

4. Provide feedback to Adobe: If you consistently encounter bias in the image generation results, consider providing feedback to Adobe. This feedback can help improve the model's performance over time by highlighting areas where it needs to learn more diverse representations.

5. Explore alternative image generation methods: If the bias persists despite adjusting parameters and providing feedback, you may want to explore alternative image generation methods or tools that offer more diverse and representative results.

By taking these steps, you can work towards obtaining more balanced and accurate image generation results within Adobe Experience Manager.

Community Advisor

Can you elaborate on where you are getting this? What tool are you using, and under what circumstances?

Esteban Bustamante