Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

How to share header and footer across all templates using template editor in AEM 6.3

Level 2

Hi,

I am using template editor in AEM 6.3.I created a base template under /conf/my_project/wcm/settings/template-types. Now i am creating a lot of templates from the base template.I have header and footer which are being shared across all pages irrespective of templates.If i put header and footer inside template-types/base-template,these components can be shared,but there is no way to author these components at that place.

So the issue is how to make header and footer as global components.

Any help will be appreciable.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you have Header1 component and Footer1 component - and you want them in all your editable templates - you need to include them in all editable templates. You cannot add them to 1 editable template and expect them to be in other editable templates. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you have Header1 component and Footer1 component - and you want them in all your editable templates - you need to include them in all editable templates. You cannot add them to 1 editable template and expect them to be in other editable templates.