Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to open Putty Session on local host

Level 2

I am creating a shell script to run on AEM production server. I am looking at ways to test the script on localhost before moving it to production. Is there any way to open a Putty session for the localhost?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Option 1:  If you're on windows, you can use power shell to run the script on your local.

https://www.howtogeek.com/662611/9-ways-to-open-powershell-in-windows-10/ 

Putty allow users to remotely access computers over SSH and run scripts, commands etc. 

If you want to test some script on your local then you don't need putty. 

Option 2: Place the script on any lower environments like dev/QA.

Install putty on local and connect the server and execute script from putty. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@Anish2 You can try to test the script in Non-Production environments like Dev/QA before Production.

Level 2

@Raja-kp  I would like to test it on localhost before trying on QA environment. Is there any way to do that?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Option 1:  If you're on windows, you can use power shell to run the script on your local.

https://www.howtogeek.com/662611/9-ways-to-open-powershell-in-windows-10/ 

Putty allow users to remotely access computers over SSH and run scripts, commands etc. 

If you want to test some script on your local then you don't need putty. 

Option 2: Place the script on any lower environments like dev/QA.

Install putty on local and connect the server and execute script from putty. 

Employee Advisor

Hi @Anish2 ,

You actually need to use Putty, generally we use putty to get into unixbox or server network. You can directly test the shell script from localhost. If your lower environments have same hosting architecture as PROD, you can dry run on non prod envs. If you can elaborate what the script is supposed to do - we may have some additional comments/suggestions for testing the script locally.