Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

How to invoke workflow from publish button

Level 1

Hi experts,

I am very new to AEM (just starting off), I have basic requirement that when user create/update a page and click "publish" button instead of default publish I want to invoke a workflow and control the publish through this workflow.

I gone through many post around this but not able to make it work.

1. Someone suggested using "overlay node" option but that is not working for me. 

2. I tried the launcher approach and invoked the workflow on modification of page that worked but still keeps the publish option available to user.

I could not find any online documentation which provide guidance on this. Any help is highly appreciated.

Sailesh

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Make sure that the user does not have the "replication" privilege on that page. Then the default "request for approval" workflow is invoked, which you can customize.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Make sure that the user does not have the "replication" privilege on that page. Then the default "request for approval" workflow is invoked, which you can customize.

Level 1

Thanks @Jörg_Hoh , so if I take away publish privileges for the users then they won't be able to publish?

Sorry, didn't mention that we are using AEM on cloud, so replication would be publish rights?

Sailesh

Level 1

Thanks @Jineet_Vora  may be it is me who is very new but article is not very clear, specially this step.

To have customized behavior on such activation, you can overlay the Request for Activation workflow:

1. In /apps overlay the Sites wizard:

/libs/wcm/core/content/common/managepublicationwizard

Employee Advisor

regarding the naming: yes, it's quite inconsistent. Replication = publishing.

And if you take away the replication privilege from a user, then this user is not able to replicate directly; instead AEM will invoke this workflow.