Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get browse file size in AEM 6.3

Level 2

Hi All,

I have created one download component in which i want to show the file size along with download description. I am able to get the file size when i am doing drag and drop the file(pdf) from DAM by using asset.getOriginal().getsize(). But i am unable to get the size of file which I am browsing from my local machine. Is there any way to get the size of browse file as well ?.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I think you want to get file size as metadata that you want to upload from your local file system, just to display to user that current file size it xxxx.

You can leverage plain html5 feature. Just create a listener on for <input type="file" id="files-upload">

var filesUpload = document.getElementById("files-upload");

filesUpload.addEventListener("change", function() {

alert(this.file.size);

}

Still i am not fully aware of your use case. Let me know if you are trying to achieve some thing else.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

TO do this - you would need to write a custom HTL component that also has a Java backend. You can create a POJO that holds DAM Asset attributes and the file size being one of them. Then you would use Java logic to get the file size and use HTL to render all of the attributes including the file size

Employee Advisor

What do you mean with "browse file"? Do you want to get the size of the HTML file during the process of rendering the file? Or the size of other HTML files you are linking to?

Jörg

Correct answer by
Level 7

I think you want to get file size as metadata that you want to upload from your local file system, just to display to user that current file size it xxxx.

You can leverage plain html5 feature. Just create a listener on for <input type="file" id="files-upload">

var filesUpload = document.getElementById("files-upload");

filesUpload.addEventListener("change", function() {

alert(this.file.size);

}

Still i am not fully aware of your use case. Let me know if you are trying to achieve some thing else.

Administrator

Adding Demo for What Ankur shared:- JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging

Note:- Only need to check is the browser support.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni