Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

How to convert WCMUsePojo to sling models?

Level 2

I have a components, which created or used by WCMUsePojo class. I need to convert that java class to sling models. How to convert that all components which used by WCMUsePojo class to sling models? Is there any tool available at online?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

As @Sady_Rifat , @Shashi_Mulugu  already replied there is no specific online tool available that automatically converts WCMUsePojo classes to Sling Models

However, I can provide you with a general approach and steps to manually convert WCMUsePojo classes to Sling Models:

->Start by creating a Sling Model class for each of your components. Sling Models are simple POJO classes annotated with the @Model annotation,In your Sling Model classes, annotate fields that represent the properties or resources you want to access from your components. Use annotations such as @Inject, @ValueMapValue, or @ChildResource based on the type of data you need to access.

->Identify the logic present in your WCMUsePojo classes and refactor it into the appropriate methods within the Sling Model classes.

->Replace the adaptTo and getResourceResolver calls in your WCMUsePojo classes with the corresponding Sling Model annotations and field mappings,ensure that any initialization or cleanup logic is handled appropriately in the Sling Model class.

->Sling Models support dependency injection. If your WCMUsePojo classes depend on other services or components, use @Reference annotations in the Sling Model to inject those dependencies.

Hope this helps !

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@gvk19694  i dont think we have any tool for this, we have tools developed by adobe for repo modernization, but it will take care of overall sematic of the project and ui.apps folders but it will not touch/change anything related to Java. Please follow below blog and have to account for manual migration/upgrdation effort.

https://blogs.perficient.com/2017/05/30/how-to-switch-from-wcmusepojo-to-sling-models-in-aem/

Level 2

@Shashi_Mulugu thanks for reply. I already checked this blog. But it is not working at my case. Can you provide any alternative solution on this like, WCMUsePojo class to sling model class it means code base expample. 

Community Advisor

Correct answer by
Employee

As @Sady_Rifat , @Shashi_Mulugu  already replied there is no specific online tool available that automatically converts WCMUsePojo classes to Sling Models

However, I can provide you with a general approach and steps to manually convert WCMUsePojo classes to Sling Models:

->Start by creating a Sling Model class for each of your components. Sling Models are simple POJO classes annotated with the @Model annotation,In your Sling Model classes, annotate fields that represent the properties or resources you want to access from your components. Use annotations such as @Inject, @ValueMapValue, or @ChildResource based on the type of data you need to access.

->Identify the logic present in your WCMUsePojo classes and refactor it into the appropriate methods within the Sling Model classes.

->Replace the adaptTo and getResourceResolver calls in your WCMUsePojo classes with the corresponding Sling Model annotations and field mappings,ensure that any initialization or cleanup logic is handled appropriately in the Sling Model class.

->Sling Models support dependency injection. If your WCMUsePojo classes depend on other services or components, use @Reference annotations in the Sling Model to inject those dependencies.

Hope this helps !