Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to cleanup unavailable blob id?

Level 9

Hi All,

Right now , i am encountering a problem that there is one dummy blob id which is trying to be migrated but throwing an exception.I think, this BLOB id is of DummyBlobStore.

Is there a way to exclude these blob store while doing the migration?

26.04.2018 18:08:05.557 ERROR  c.a.g.c.e.MigrationEngine: The internal error occurred during migration. The migration process has been aborted and it is not complete!

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Failed to copy content

at com.google.common.io.Closer.rethrow(Closer.java:149)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.OakUpgrade.migrate(OakUpgrade.java:81)

at com.adobe.granite.crx2oak.engine.MigrationEngine$2.doMigration(MigrationEngine.java:67)

at com.adobe.granite.crx2oak.engine.MigrationEngine.process(MigrationEngine.java:92)

at com.adobe.granite.crx2oak.pipeline.Pipeline.run(Pipeline.java:103)

at com.adobe.granite.crx2oak.CRX2Oak.run(CRX2Oak.java:66)

at com.adobe.granite.crx2oak.CRX2Oak.main(CRX2Oak.java:51)

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Failed to copy content

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.RepositorySidegrade.copy(RepositorySidegrade.java:285)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.OakUpgrade.sidegrade(OakUpgrade.java:92)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.OakUpgrade.migrate(OakUpgrade.java:78)

... 5 common frames omitted

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempt to read external blob with blobId [66f1d39a64998bf2e641765057509c086f2474202d9fd24fa654dabc01aba988#95174] without specifying BlobStore

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentBlob.getBlob(SegmentBlob.java:243)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentBlob.getLength(SegmentBlob.java:252)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentBlob.length(SegmentBlob.java:110)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.memory.AbstractBlob.equal(AbstractBlob.java:52)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentBlob.equals(SegmentBlob.java:227)

at com.google.common.base.Objects.equal(Objects.java:60)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.memory.AbstractPropertyState.equal(AbstractPropertyState.java:59)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentPropertyState.equals(SegmentPropertyState.java:242)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.migration.NodeStateCopier.copyProperties(NodeStateCopier.java:144)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.migration.NodeStateCopier.copyNodeState(NodeStateCopier.java:212)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.migration.NodeStateCopier.copyNodeState(NodeStateCopier.java:208)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.migration.NodeStateCopier.copyNodeState(NodeStateCopier.java:208)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.migration.NodeStateCopier.copyNodeState(NodeStateCopier.java:160)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.migration.NodeStateCopier.access$200(NodeStateCopier.java:75)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.migration.NodeStateCopier$Builder.copy(NodeStateCopier.java:465)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.RepositorySidegrade.copyWorkspace(RepositorySidegrade.java:468)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.RepositorySidegrade.migrateWithoutCheckpoints(RepositorySidegrade.java:417)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.RepositorySidegrade.copyState(RepositorySidegrade.java:317)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.RepositorySidegrade.copy(RepositorySidegrade.java:278)

... 7 common frames omitted

Thanks,

Kishore.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

I am able to successfully migrate the content by running below command.

java -jar crx2oak-1.8.4-all-in-one.jar segment-old:C:/Users/xxxx/Documents/xxxx/Softwares/AEM/Chris/AEM_Author_60/crx-quickstart/repository C:/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/xxxx/Softwares/AEM/6.4/crx-quickstart/repository --datastore C:/Users/xxxx/Documents/xxxx/Softwares/AEM/6.4/crx-quickstart/repository/datastore --include-path=/content --exclude-path=/tmp --copy-versions=false --copy-orphaned-versions=false > migration_new.txt

Thank you all for your support.

Thanks,

Kishore

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Level 10

I have asked others to look here as well.

In mean time - have you gone through all the AEM migrations Docs?

Upgrading to AEM 6.4

Employee Advisor

Hi Kishore,

Looks like you are doing a repository migration. What is the source version and what is the target version? What command line are you using for this call?

regards,

Jörg

Level 9

Thank you.

Right now,i  am migrating 6.2 repository to 6.4.Below is the command i am using for migrating.

java -jar crx2oak-1.8.4-all-in-one.jar segment-old:C:/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/AEM-Others/OOTB/crx-quickstart/repository C:/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/Softwares/AEM/6.4/crx-quickstart/repository --include-path=/content --exclude-path=/tmp --copy-versions=false --copy-orphaned-versions=false --merge-paths=/content

Level 10

Did you go through all the information in the docs i pointed you to?

Employee Advisor

Hi Kishore,

For me it looks like you used an blobstore on your AEM 6.2 instance; can you experiment with the parameters "src-fileblobstore" and "fileblobstore"?

Level 9

Yes.Right now,i am following that doc and that's my reference for this migration.

Level 10

THat provides a bit of background. Can you follow Joerg's suggestion here.

Level 9

i don't see any blobstore folder in my source repository(6.2).Not sure, how to use parameters "src-fileblobstore" and "fileblobstore" in this case?

Is there any chance to have implicit blobstore, comes up with the AEM installation?

Level 9

i see below message in the logs.

I doubt it ,implicit blobstore comes up with the when installing AEM.

" 26.04.2018 18:18:29.818 INFO   o.a.j.o.u.c.p.DatastoreArguments: Destination blob store: DummyBlobStore ".

Right now,i have only two folders inside /crx-quickstart/repository

1474112_pastedImage_4.png

Level 10

Did you run the Datastore GC on the source AEM ? Was it completed with no issues?

Employee Advisor

Ok, then you have a plain 6.2 installation, which did not have a datastore or blobstore by default (has change with 6.3)... So now you have the chance to reduce the size of your segmentstore and create a fileblobstore :-)

If your instance isn't that large and it's just testing, can you start with this set of parameters

java -jar crx2oak-1.8.4-all-in-one.jar segment-old:C:/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/AEM-Others/OOTB/crx-quickstart/repository C:/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/Softwares/AEM/6.4/crx-quickstart/repository

just to eliminate the chance that one of them is causing this issue?

(When you want to have AEM 6.4 with a segmentstore you can add the parameter --fileblobstore C:/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/Softwares/AEM/6.4/crx-quickstart/repository/blobstore

Jörg

Level 10

Support stated: "I believe that they have an issue on a source AEM. Datastore GC should help to fix"

Level 9

I have tried with both commands but ended up with the same error

Level 9

i have already tried that approach but getting error.

Level 10

Have you looked here -- Data Store Garbage Collection

Does this report inform you of missing data?

Correct answer by
Level 9

I am able to successfully migrate the content by running below command.

java -jar crx2oak-1.8.4-all-in-one.jar segment-old:C:/Users/xxxx/Documents/xxxx/Softwares/AEM/Chris/AEM_Author_60/crx-quickstart/repository C:/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/xxxx/Softwares/AEM/6.4/crx-quickstart/repository --datastore C:/Users/xxxx/Documents/xxxx/Softwares/AEM/6.4/crx-quickstart/repository/datastore --include-path=/content --exclude-path=/tmp --copy-versions=false --copy-orphaned-versions=false > migration_new.txt

Thank you all for your support.

Thanks,

Kishore

Level 10

I am glad that you got it working!