Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

How journal observation works and where the log got persist ?

Former Community Member

Hi,

Where the Journal log are stored in cq5 server and is it implicitly configure or it has to be configure explicitly as asynchronous observation ?

Please provide sample to  configure the journal observation in JCR.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It stores in the form of data tar file at <cq_home>/crx-quickstart/repository/tarJournal.  You can configure different general or custom built one in repository.xml.  OOB configarable options for tar journal at http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/core/administering/persistence_managers.html#Journal

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

It stores in the form of data tar file at <cq_home>/crx-quickstart/repository/tarJournal.  You can configure different general or custom built one in repository.xml.  OOB configarable options for tar journal at http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/core/administering/persistence_managers.html#Journal

Former Community Member

Sham HC wrote...

Thanks

I already referred that location but it seems it doesn't have any readable information.

What type of information the journal contains and how to capture it through program.

Suggest me a samples

Employee Advisor

The journal is not supposed to be used by other components than the repository itself.

Jörg

Former Community Member

Jörg Hoh wrote...

The journal is not supposed to be used by other components than the repository itself.

Jörg

Yes.

But how we captured those information and use it for further process .

What type of information journal have ?

Thanks

Employee Advisor

Why do you want to process the journal data? There is no API to access this data from outside of Jackrabbit/CRX, it's an implementation detail.

Jörg

Level 6

Jörg Hoh wrote...

Why do you want to process the journal data? There is no API to access this data from outside of Jackrabbit/CRX, it's an implementation detail.

Jörg

I ask the same question as Jörg. Why do you want to analyze the journal? Data masturbation?

Ove

Former Community Member

Jörg Hoh wrote...

Jörg

We have api javax.jcr.observation.ObservationManager through this we can access the jcr api from external environment.

some like that

ObservationManager observationManager = session.getWorkspace().getObservationManager();

EventJournal eventJournal = session.getWorkspace().getObservationManager().getEventJournal();

while(eventJournal.hasNext()){

Event event = eventJournal.nextEvent();
                System.out.println("userdata"+event.getUserData());
                System.out.println("Event:::"+event.getPath());
                System.out.println("User ID"+event.getUserID());

But my question here is what kind of information journal contains about jcr repository.

Whether it is useful for tracking the changes made by user in jcr it may be field level,user level and node level change . All  can be done through JCR async observation.

Purpose of journal observation ????

Thanks