Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can I limit publish to brand portal permissions?

Level 3

If I would like only one user, or one group to be able to publish to brand portal.

What permissions can I set for that?

4 Replies

Level 2

hi @mbrennan ,

Is the ask to limit the user to publish the assets but not publish to brand portal Only? In general we can limit the publish permissions to different users as below,

•  Based on the requirements we can create user groups and assign the permissions accordingly Read, modify, create, delete and Replicate permissions.
  • Once the user groups are created based on the requirements. The users can be assigned to different user groups created based on the requirement

Custom User Groups creation and permissions configuration - https://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/aem-permissioning/

Level 3

Hi Anil, Thank you for your responsel

Your wording here is not clear "Is the ask to limit the user to publish the assets but not publish to brand portal Only?"

I would like to limit the users who can publish assets to brand portal.

I understand the concept of user groups and requirements and would like to know what specific permissions should be modified to limit publishing to brand portal to a group of users.

Community Advisor

Hi @mbrennan,

If you want to limit access to Publish to Brand Portal option only to specific groups, you should restrict permissions to following paths:

• /libs/dam/gui/content/commons/managepublicationwizard/jcr:content/body/items/form/items/wizard/items/optionsstep/items/fixedColumnContainer/items/fixedColumn/items/action/items/default/items/mppublish
  • /libs/cq/tagging/gui/content/tags/jcr:content/actions/selection/publish/items/mppublish
  • /libs/granite/omnisearch/content/metadata/collection/actions/selection/mppublish
  • /libs/granite/omnisearch/content/metadata/asset/actions/selection/quickpublishwithmp/items/mppublish
  • /libs/dam/gui/content/s7dam/imagepresets/imagepresets/jcr:content/actions/selection/mppublish
  • /libs/dam/gui/content/metadataschemaeditor/schemalist/jcr:content/actions/selection/mppublish
  • /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/annotate/jcr:content/actions/quickpublishwithmp/items/mppublish
  • /libs/dam/gui/content/foldermetadataschemaeditor/schemalist/jcr:content/actions/selection/mppublish
  • /libs/cq/core/content/tools/customsearch/searchfacetformlister/jcr:content/actions/selection/mppublish
  • /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor/jcr:content/actions/quickpublishwithmp/items/mppublish
  • /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/actions/selection/quickpublishwithmp/items/mppublish
  • /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/actions/selection/publish/items/mppublish
  • /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/quickpublishwithmp/items/mppublish
  • /libs/dam/gui/content/collections/jcr:content/actions/selection/mppublish

Level 1

I am trying to implement similar permissions where I am trying to deny Brand Portal Publishing permissions to a user group on AEMaaCS.

Is there any way available to implement this on AEMaaCS? I have tried following

• /libs is immutable and interface doesn't allows it to be added to permissions. Also tried installing through package. No luck!
  • Tried denying through repoInit, however deny permissions don't work with Principal ACLs.