Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How can I fix it in order to keep the inheritances in Live Copy?

Level 4

1589879_pastedImage_1.png

When I cancel  the inheritance between Page 1 and Page 1.1, can the inheritance between Page 1 and Page 1.1.1 and the inheritance between Page 1.1 and Page 1.1.1 still keep at the same time in Live Copy?

If not so, how can I fix it in order to keep the inheritances in Live Copy?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Suspending Inheritance for a Page

When you create a live copy, the live copy configuration is saved on the root page of the copied pages. All child pages of the root page inherit the live copy configurations. The components on the livecopy pages also inherit the live copy configuration.

You can suspend the live copy inheritance for a live copy page so that you can change page properties and components. When you suspend inheritance, the page properties and components are no longer synchronized with the source.

Changing Inheritance Depth (Shallow/Deep)

On an existing live copy you can change the depth for a page; i.e. whether child pages are included.

• Switching to a shallow live copy:
    • Will have immediate effect and is non-reversible.
      • Child pages are explicitly detached from the live copy. Further modifications on children cannot be preserved if undone.
    • Will remove any descendant LiveRelationships even if there are nested LiveCopies.
  • Switching to a deep live copy:
    • Child-pages remain untouched.
    • To see the effect of the switch, you can make a roll-out, any content modifications are applied according the roll-out configuration.

Changing the Order of Components on a Live Copy Page

If a live copy contains components that are part of a paragraph system, inheritance of that paragraph system adheres to the following rules:

• The order of components in an inherited paragraph system can be modified, even with inheritance established.
  • On rollout, the order of the components will be restored from the blueprint. if new components were added to the live copy before rollout, they will be reordered along with the components above which they were added.
  • If inheritance of the paragraph system is cancelled, the order of components will not be restored on rollout and will remain as is in the live copy.

For more info

Creating and Synchronizing Live Copies

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Suspending Inheritance for a Page

When you create a live copy, the live copy configuration is saved on the root page of the copied pages. All child pages of the root page inherit the live copy configurations. The components on the livecopy pages also inherit the live copy configuration.

You can suspend the live copy inheritance for a live copy page so that you can change page properties and components. When you suspend inheritance, the page properties and components are no longer synchronized with the source.

Changing Inheritance Depth (Shallow/Deep)

On an existing live copy you can change the depth for a page; i.e. whether child pages are included.

• Switching to a shallow live copy:
    • Will have immediate effect and is non-reversible.
      • Child pages are explicitly detached from the live copy. Further modifications on children cannot be preserved if undone.
    • Will remove any descendant LiveRelationships even if there are nested LiveCopies.
  • Switching to a deep live copy:
    • Child-pages remain untouched.
    • To see the effect of the switch, you can make a roll-out, any content modifications are applied according the roll-out configuration.

Changing the Order of Components on a Live Copy Page

If a live copy contains components that are part of a paragraph system, inheritance of that paragraph system adheres to the following rules:

• The order of components in an inherited paragraph system can be modified, even with inheritance established.
  • On rollout, the order of the components will be restored from the blueprint. if new components were added to the live copy before rollout, they will be reordered along with the components above which they were added.
  • If inheritance of the paragraph system is cancelled, the order of components will not be restored on rollout and will remain as is in the live copy.

For more info

Creating and Synchronizing Live Copies

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Thank you very much.

it is very helpful to me.

Have a nice day.