Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help on Column control component [making no. of columns flexible]

Level 8

Hi All,

I am able to get it to work when the dialog is as attached , wherein from the dropdown we select the number of columns and the corresponding columns appear wherein we can go ahead and place the components.

However, the requirement is to have a flexibility wherein author can add whatever number of column he wants. Not sure how to go about this.

Any thoughts/pointers/reference code will be really helpful.

4 Replies

Level 5

It is ready made available, try look into below link but it works only in TouchUI. I hope, this helps.

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/responsive-column-control.html

Level 8

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your reply. 

Sorry for not being clear earlier. In the link you mentioned, user has to enter column width but in our case he will have to just enter the number of columns say 1 or 50 and things should work automatically.

Level 8

Hi All,

Any thoughts here would be helpful.

Level 5

This use case is not aligned with current implementation of AEM column control, but if you need this way then you have to write custom column control component, in the dialog, provide a text field so author can provide the input in it and then put your custom logic in the column control scripts to parse the field and display the columns accordingly. Hope this helps.