Expand my Community achievements bar.

Having different Image Presets for different Folders

Community Advisor

Hi there dear Community,
i am struggling with this problem. My company has two different branches.
We would like to have a preset that has a grey background for one branch and a white background for another.
When i create a Image Preset it gets created in "/conf/global/settings/dam/dm/presets/macros"
And this is now a global setting. As expected.

My desire would be to create "conf/branch1..." and "conf/branch2..."
and then give all the Branch1 Folder the relevant setting, and Branch 2 the other.
This setting would be called "web" in both cases.
Does anybody has an idea how i can have different Image Presets in different Folders?
Any other Idea is welcome!

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Adilos-Cantuerk As OOTB feature, Image Presets can be defined globally and applies to all the Images.

If the Preset are being applied to different Sites, then the logic to apply different Presets can reside at Component Level (Model exposing multiple Presets and Front End Logic providing a mark up to render multiple Presets. 

The second part to your query. It is possible to check in different Image Presets pertaining to two different tenants in your code under conf/branch1 and conf/branch2, but there will be a lot of Overlay efforts to develop the Author Console for two tenants, with respective Access Control.

Community Advisor

When you say it is possible to apply different presets to different folders, - could you elaborate on how to change the settings of the folders in a way that, for example the brandportal, creates the different presets?