Expand my Community achievements bar.

Go Live Approval option not available in the Production pipeline in Cloud Manager

Level 1

I'm trying to create a Production Pipeline in Cloud Manager.
I want to enable the option Use Go Live Approval (mentioned in docs ) so that the deployment happens only after the approval. But I couldn't find the option while creating the Production pipeline.

Is this option limited to some version/type of cloud manager.? 
Note: I'm using aem-as-a-cloud-service

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@PratishJo  Its while creating the production pipeline, what different options you see?  please share the screenshot. Can you modify the production section after you created the pipeline? 

Level 1

@Saravanan_Dharmaraj 
I have attached the screenshots for creating a new pipeline.
These options are the same when I try to edit a saved pipeline.

I found another doc where it shows how to configure a prod pipeline. This is the exact views i see while creating pipeline.
Does that mean Go Live Approval option is only available in onprem cloud manager (as per doc) and not in AEM as cloud service.

Community Advisor

@PratishJo 

The documentation if for AEM 6.x not AEM as a Cloud Service. So, there might be discrepancies.

Please use this for CLoud https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/usi...

Aanchal Sikka

Level 1

@aanchal-sikka 
Thanks for the reply.
I found this doc as well.
Does that mean that the cloud version doesn't support approvals (and some of the other options) for prod pipelines which are available in AEM 6.x ?

Community Advisor

@PratishJo 

The pipelines stop for approval before Production deployment, if we have selected "Pause before deploying to Production "

Aanchal Sikka

Level 7

Hi @PratishJo ,

the "Go Live Approval" option is not available in Adobe Cloud Manager for AEM as a Cloud Service. This means that the deployment to Production occurs automatically after passing the necessary pre-deployment checks and validations, without requiring manual approval.

The absence of this option is by design, and it's not limited to a specific version or type of Cloud Manager. Currently, Cloud Manager for AEM as a Cloud Service does not include a manual approval step before deploying to Production.

If manual approval before deployment is a requirement for your organization, you may need to implement an alternative process outside of Cloud Manager, such as a manual sign-off process or integrating with a third-party deployment orchestration tool.

Keep an eye on updates and release notes from Adobe for any new features or enhancements to Cloud Manager that may include Go Live Approval functionality or similar capabilities in the future. Additionally, you can provide feedback and feature requests directly to Adobe to express your interest in this functionality.

Reference:https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/migration-journe...

Administrator

@PratishJo Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni