Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

For artifact {com.adobe.aem:uber-jar:null:jar}: The version cannot be empty.

Level 2

Hello. I am currently working on a specialized plugin for AEM and with the app that I'm using. It is just an enhancement to a project and there were no documentations from the previous team who did it so I'm currently having trouble configuring the source codes because it has errors on the pom.xml files. It only has 4 projects (main, core, ui.apps and the source code for the specialized plugin.) The error only exist on the core and the ui.apps. I've tried removing the .m2 folder and re-building the projects, but it doesn't work. I've tried maven update, clean and install but I am still encountering the errors. It also occurs several times. These are the some of the errors...

1670964_pastedImage_0.png

The only declaration of uber jar in the main pom file is like this:

1670975_pastedImage_1.png

While for the core and ui.apps, it's like this:

1670976_pastedImage_2.png

But I've also tried adding this on the main pom.xml file but still encountering the same errors:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>

<artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId>

<version>6.2.0</version>

<classifier>apis</classifier>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rockie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If uber-jar is missing in .m2 folder, then try with   mvn -U clean install -P....  as mentioned by Feike

If that doesn't work, that means your network has blocked access to 'https://repo.adobe.com'. Work with your network team to open access to adobe repo from your nexus repo.

For the time being, try on a different network otherwise download and put jar/pom manually inside .m2 folder. Yes, it is possible to manually download and put the files. Clean up the folder before downloading manually otherwise build won't succeed.

Download link - Index of /repositories/public/com/adobe/aem/uber-jar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

For AEM 6.2 - are you able to get a Maven Archetype 10 project to build?

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating your first Adobe Experience Manager 6.2 Project using Adobe...

If you can not get this working - there could be an issue with your Maven environment.

Level 10

Couple of possibilities:

• Dependencies mismatch - As Scott mentioned, validate the correct versions are configured
  • Issue with pom.xml -  // Could you share the main xml and child project's xml for review? Upload it if possible instead of copy-pasting
  • Issue with local .m2 environment -   // Delete com.adobe.aem folder under .m2 which you have already tried but validate that if its getting regenerated as you build the project. Validate that jar is present and match the version and other attributes against the pom.xml entry.
  • Issue with downloading correct uber-jar due to various reasons, possibly due to proxy/network restrictions -  // Test on a different network or different machine. Open uber-jar in winzip/rar to ensure that its not corrupt.

Level 2

Apologies, I haven't put in the question the version I was using.. I'm using AEM 6.4. There were actually three profiles, 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4.. Differed only on id and aem port. Is it possible to view the archetype of the existing aem project?

Level 2

This is the link for the pom.xml files: Dropbox - File sharing - Simplify your life

I've also tried deleting the .m2 folder again.. As I checked, the folder for the uber-jar was regenerated. Although it only contains jar files with the '.jar.lastUpdated' extension. The jar file is not actually there. Is it possible to just download an uber-jar.jar and just include it in maven dependencies?

Thanks,

Rockie

Correct answer by
Level 10

If uber-jar is missing in .m2 folder, then try with   mvn -U clean install -P....  as mentioned by Feike

If that doesn't work, that means your network has blocked access to 'https://repo.adobe.com'. Work with your network team to open access to adobe repo from your nexus repo.

For the time being, try on a different network otherwise download and put jar/pom manually inside .m2 folder. Yes, it is possible to manually download and put the files. Clean up the folder before downloading manually otherwise build won't succeed.

Download link - Index of /repositories/public/com/adobe/aem/uber-jar