Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Error converting dialog to Touch UI with conversion tool

Level 1

I'm trying to convert a dialog from the Classic UI to the Touch UI using the Dialog Conversion tool

It fails on certain dialogs with an error like below:

Ran dialog conversion on 1939 dialogs (0 successful conversions, 1939 errors): 

Attached is a screenshot of an unhelpful list of the 1939 errors.

What it is about this dialog that causes the conversion tool to fail?

The dialog looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <jcr:root xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" jcr:primaryType="cq:Dialog" height="400" xtype="dialog"> <items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection"> <tabs jcr:primaryType="cq:TabPanel"> <items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection"> <calloutIcon jcr:primaryType="cq:Panel" title="Callout Icon"> <items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection"> <title jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" fieldLabel="Title" name="./title" allowBlank="{Boolean}false" xtype="textfield" /> <text jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" fieldLabel="Text" name="./text" allowBlank="{Boolean}false" xtype="richtext" > </text> <link jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" fieldLabel="Link" name="./link" xtype="pathfield" /> </items> </calloutIcon> </items> </tabs> </items> </jcr:root>
13 Replies

Level 10

I am looking into this and will see if I can reproduce this issue or if it works. 

Level 10

Here are my findings.

First - i recreated your use case as closely as possible. I created a component like this: 

My Dialog in Classic looks like this: 

I have the three XTYPES you specified above. 

Next - i installed the package to convert the dialog and converted this dialog - I entered the JCR path to the dialog - make sure you do that: /apps/xtype/components/myxtype/dialog.

The tool converted it (somewhat) 

Here the JCR path it created: 

The only issue I see is the tool does not handle RTE. In the Classic Dialog it was xtype richtext.

In the converted dialog - it still shows classic value. The converted dialog looks like: 

Notice that the RTE is missing from TOuch UI. You can manually fix that by entering the proper resource type at: 

/apps/xtype/components/myxtype/cq:dialog/content/items/first/items/columns/items/text

Now I know that you may ask why your is not working. I will package up my test component in a package for you to try. 

Level 10

Just noticed that you tried converting over 1900. Can you try 1 and see if it converts.

Level 1

That's part of the strange behavior. I've only selected 1 dialog to run the conversion.

Level 5
Level 5

Adding to this,

i can see that the conversion tool is not converting the below xtypes also. when can we expect official migration plugin from Adobe ?

1. Richtext
  2. Datepicker
  3. Custom multifield
  4. HTML5smartimage
  5. Select (if we have any listeners it won’t get converted and work in touch UI).
  6. Tableedit2( To have this in touch UI we can have an inplace editing

Level 1

HI - I am having the same problem today trying to convert one dialog (i.e. same error message, and it appears to try and convert 2,008 dialogs).  I have used the same dialog conversion tool successfully in the past. Did you find a resolution?

Level 1

I guess I spoke too soon...I got it to work this morning. Here is how:

http://localhost:4502/system/console/bundles
install/update
downloads folder: jcr:root/libs/cq/dialogconversion/install/cq-dialog-conversion-1.0.2.jar
installed, then activated

Level 10

Here are my findings.

First - i recreated your use case as closely as possible. I created a component like this: 

My Dialog in Classic looks like this: 

I have the three XTYPES you specified above. 

Next - i installed the package to convert the dialog and converted this dialog - I entered the JCR path to the dialog - make sure you do that: /apps/xtype/components/myxtype/dialog.

The tool converted it (somewhat) 

Here the JCR path it created: 

The only issue I see is the tool does not handle RTE. In the Classic Dialog it was xtype richtext.

In the converted dialog - it still shows classic value. The converted dialog looks like: 

Notice that the RTE is missing from TOuch UI. You can manually fix that by entering the proper resource type at: 

/apps/xtype/components/myxtype/cq:dialog/content/items/first/items/columns/items/text

Now I know that you may ask why your is not working. I will package up my test component in a package for you to try. 

Level 10

Just noticed that you tried converting over 1900. Can you try 1 and see if it converts.

Level 1

That's part of the strange behavior. I've only selected 1 dialog to run the conversion.

Level 5
Level 5

Adding to this,

i can see that the conversion tool is not converting the below xtypes also. when can we expect official migration plugin from Adobe ?

1. Richtext
  2. Datepicker
  3. Custom multifield
  4. HTML5smartimage
  5. Select (if we have any listeners it won’t get converted and work in touch UI).
  6. Tableedit2( To have this in touch UI we can have an inplace editing

Level 1

HI - I am having the same problem today trying to convert one dialog (i.e. same error message, and it appears to try and convert 2,008 dialogs).  I have used the same dialog conversion tool successfully in the past. Did you find a resolution?

Level 1

I guess I spoke too soon...I got it to work this morning. Here is how:

http://localhost:4502/system/console/bundles
install/update
downloads folder: jcr:root/libs/cq/dialogconversion/install/cq-dialog-conversion-1.0.2.jar
installed, then activated