Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Error: cannot find symbol

Level 1

Hi all, 

I'm a beginner for AEM and I'm currently following the the AEM Back-end Developer video training. In one of the lessons, when I try to deploy the maven project to the crx lite, I got an error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) on project company-core: Compilation failure [ERROR] C:Usersguanlun.muDesktopvideoTrainingcompanycompany-coresrcmainjavacomadobe rainingcoreCleanupServiceImpl.java:[44,65] error: cannot find symbol

The code I used was directly copy-pasted from the student file downloaded from the course so the code should be identical to the one in the video. But I got this error and the video person didn't, I'm wondering what this problem is and how to fix it. My guess is this may relate to some Maven version issue, but I'm not sure.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Looks like you are missing a dependancy in your maven pom, did you copy all the dependencies from the example project?

You can run the maven command with "-X" to get more details i.e. mvn clean install -P full -X

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Looks like you are missing a dependancy in your maven pom, did you copy all the dependencies from the example project?

You can run the maven command with "-X" to get more details i.e. mvn clean install -P full -X

Regards,

Opkar