Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Encapsulated token and CUG support on Cloud Service?

Level 3

Hi all,

I have got a chance to use AEM as a Cloud Service yet.

But I know with AEM 6.5 we have a feature called Encapsulated token and we need to use it together with CUG (Closed User Group).

Do we still have this feature on AEM as a Cloud Service? Does AEM as a Cloud Service support CUG?

If not, how can we support use cases encapsulated token and CUG was able to support when planning the upgrade to AEM as a Cloud Service? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @baoyu_li - There is no specific mention of AEMaaCS not supporting Encapsulate token.

There is also a reference of the Adobe Granite Token Authentication Handler configuration in one of the AEMaaCS documentation pages with "Enable Encapsulation token Support" flag. So, I believe it is pretty much safe to assume that the feature is supported.

Ref - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/security/same-site-...

fanindras_0-1654093677658.png

Thanks,

Fani

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I did not checked in the details but do you have local aem sdk, if you can check Adobe Granite Token Authentication Handler configuration ?

1. Look for an entry called Adobe Granite Token Authentication Handler and click it.
  2. In the following window, tick the Enable encapsulated token support box and press Save.

I did not find any documentation around CUG and encapsulated token in AEMaaCS.

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @baoyu_li - There is no specific mention of AEMaaCS not supporting Encapsulate token.

There is also a reference of the Adobe Granite Token Authentication Handler configuration in one of the AEMaaCS documentation pages with "Enable Encapsulation token Support" flag. So, I believe it is pretty much safe to assume that the feature is supported.

Ref - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/security/same-site-...

fanindras_0-1654093677658.png

Thanks,

Fani