Expand my Community achievements bar.

Editable Template

Level 7

Hi Team,

Can we have a editable template without Layout container in cloud sdk ?

Thanks ! 

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@JakeCham 

Are you looking to disabled Layout menu, to stop authors from resizing?

Need some help to understand the requirement.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 7

Hi @aanchal-sikka 

Layout container gives some additional elements which are hard to handle with UI. So Is there any way we can get rid of it  ?

Community Advisor

@JakeCham 

First: Container is the component, which allows authors to add more components to the page by Drag-n-drop etc. 

If we take container out, we would have to pre-configure all components that a page can hold. Basically hard-code the structure

Second: The benefits that editable template provide like structure updates are auto-synced to pages, or author can resize components, will also be lost ...

In summary, we cannot get rid of it

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

@JakeCham 

We can disable Layout Option to stop authors from resizing containers.

But, we cannot remove Layout containers and we cannot remove their elements. Its thats what you meant by disabling. In case you meant something else, please elaborate

Aanchal Sikka

Level 7

Hi @aanchal-sikka 

Thanks a lot for detailed info. Really Appreciate.

Yes I wanted to know how to disable Layout container.

Thanks 

Level 7

Hi @aanchal-sikka 

Can you please guide me how I can disable Layout container ?

Community Advisor

You just need to use the 'container' component, which is the recommended one (this inherits from the layout component). Usually, you should have your own container component extended from the core component. Then you can simply select the 'Simple' option from the layout options. Doing this at the template level will do the trick.

EstebanBustamante_0-1699538109435.png

Learn more about the container component here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/wcm-components/cont... 

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante