Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Difference between Section and Container in Touch UI dialog for AEM 6.0

Level 2

I was referring to the following article and i have a query regarding the difference in use cases for container and section components.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using Event Handlers in Adobe Experience Manager Touch UI Components

Is a section restricted to only to under tabs or can it used without the tabs aswell?

Is there any difference in how both section and container render or functionality ?

Can both be interchanged while developing a dialog?

3 Replies

Level 2

smacdonald2008

I cannot find anything about section in the link.Also there is also a fieldset mentioned. Could u please tell me the difference between Container , Section and FieldSet with any examples if possible.

Level 10

If  you search for Section - you will see the data type in the reference docs - as you can see here.  If you search for Container - you will see the docs for that as well.

However - most examples that have Tabs in Touch UI use Containers. See 2nd illustration.

Seection.png

See here for example of using Container in a TOcuh UI dialog -

Tab11.png

To see this in an artilce and example AEM component - see:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an AEM 6.2 HTML Template Language tab movie component