Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dialog HTML5Smartimage issue.

Level 1

We're having an issue where when you drag an image to an HTML5smartimage in the dialog it updates the image just fine and everything works great.  But to make things a bit more confusing when you go back into the editor after closing it, it's not loading the image.

In the console, I've noticed that it's reading the image from the FMA's content node structure. This only happens when you upload a file and it's trying to read the binary data from the node itself. To make things even more odd, it's referencing img.png which is the requestSuffix's property's value. Something just isn't lining up properly. In addition to that, in the console if you click the (i) button for the image it even shows the CORRECT value of the image path.

Example of what it's trying to load: /content/*site*/en/*section*/jcr:content/footer-FMA-A.img.png?cq_ck=1375993395374

And an example of what the URL should be: /content/dam/*site*/*section*/styles/footer/gear-cap.png

I have checked and this is about 90% in line with the page template comonent's image property node (in foundation). I made a few minor adjustments to align it 100% with that and there was no change. I even found someone else online that was having the issue and tried their solution of adding a resType as a child node to the image's component node in the dialog. This is found at the following URL:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1208345

Anyone have any thoughts as to what might be going on?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

I can share some information related to HTML5smartimage if it helps you. While configuring the image (html5smartimage) widget we have to keep couple of things in mind

1. The cq:droptarget for image where you specify which resourcetype it can refer for fetch and defines a list of drop targets that can accept a drop from an asset of the content finder.

for example: /libs/foundation/components/image/cq:editConfig/cq:dropTargets

2. configuration on image widget itself

a. if you the property to current node (default configuration ./propname) then all the related properties will associate to parent node only for example /libs/foundation/components/image/dialog/items/image and it will work perfectly fine

b. sometime you may choose to create a separate node for example /libs/foundation/components/textimage/dialog/items/tab2 and store all relative property there. In this case you have to be very careful about changing those properties and mapping the sling:resourceType (from cq:droptarget)

If you do above to carefully then it works correctly.

Thanks,

Pawan

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

I can share some information related to HTML5smartimage if it helps you. While configuring the image (html5smartimage) widget we have to keep couple of things in mind

1. The cq:droptarget for image where you specify which resourcetype it can refer for fetch and defines a list of drop targets that can accept a drop from an asset of the content finder.

for example: /libs/foundation/components/image/cq:editConfig/cq:dropTargets

2. configuration on image widget itself

a. if you the property to current node (default configuration ./propname) then all the related properties will associate to parent node only for example /libs/foundation/components/image/dialog/items/image and it will work perfectly fine

b. sometime you may choose to create a separate node for example /libs/foundation/components/textimage/dialog/items/tab2 and store all relative property there. In this case you have to be very careful about changing those properties and mapping the sling:resourceType (from cq:droptarget)

If you do above to carefully then it works correctly.

Thanks,

Pawan