Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Day 12 - AEM Workflows Part I | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Day 12 - AEM Workflows Part I by Red Quark

Abstract

What’s up fellow AEM devs ! After learning OSGi configurations, now is the time to dive into another very important concept in AEM - the good ol’ WORKFLOWS.

A workflow is nothing but a way to automate AEM activities by executing some steps in a specific order to achieve the desired results.

Each step performs an individual activity such as publishing a page, creating a version of the page, sending an email message etc.

For example, the most common activity in AEM is publishing the page from the author instance to the publish instance. But sometimes we want the approval of the changes by some reviewers before publishing. This can be easily achieved by implementing workflows in AEM.

There are many workflows provided out of the box in AEM. Apart from those, if we want, we can also define our custom workflows for our specific activities.

Workflow Console
The workflow console is the centralized location for workflow management in AEM. There are five tabs in this console -

Models:
Lists the workflow models that are currently available. We can also create, edit and delete a new workflow here.

Instances:
This tab shows the details of the currently active workflow. These instances are also version dependent.

Archive:
This shows the list of terminated workflows, for whatever reason.

Launcher:
Allows us to define a workflow to be launched if a specific node has been updated. Sometimes launchers are used in place of JCR event listeners.

Failures:
This tab shows the details of the failed workflows along with their error trace and at which step it failed.

We can access the workflow console in your AEM instance from the Tools console in the Touch UI.

Read Full Blog

Day 12 - AEM Workflows Part I

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies