Expand my Community achievements bar.

DAM Update Asset workflow-identify what step creates the large preview-not showing in AEM Assets once completed

Level 3

Hello all,  need help idenitfying what step in the DAM UPDATE ASSET creates the enlarged preview in AEM Assets 6.5.8.0.  Once workflow is complete there is no image preview....need advisement on how to get it to be created.  See workflow below as well the picture of no preview in aem assets after processed.  Thank you for your help in advance:)

DAM-UPDATE-ASSET-screenshot.PNGno-image-preview.PNG

7 Replies

Employee

Hi ,

With DM integration, if the asset type is image - then check image presets instead of viewer. If asset is a rich media then you can check viewers.

Can you specify asset type and its extention and if you are looking for specific renditions ?

Image presets can be defined in AEM as well as DM .

Level 3

Hello and thank you for your kind response, i appreciate the help.

What we are finding is the image formats psd/tif/jpg/png when uploaded a CardView is created but not when you click on it for the enlarged view. 

Can you help me navigate in Image Presets and create provide correct parameters around what to create precisely to get this working again?

Employee

can you check 'Rendition' on top left when you go to asset detail page.  Tif/psd original rendition won't display but it should open up it's static web rendition as fall back preview. Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 7.46.09 PM.pngwhen you land on asset detail page/dynamic media renditions. Gif/jpg original should load without issues. Check snapshot below. Please share complete snapshot showing image URL if still facing issue , aem version and try rerunning dam update workflow on this asset to ensure asset is properly processed and proper asset renditions are getting generated.(See snapshots for tif/psd)Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 7.38.10 PM.png

Level 3

Sharing the Rendition url snapshot here:  still no previewRenditions--settings-large-preview-issue.PNG

Employee

Can you check below things :-

Are none of the above renditions showing in preview or just the bigger one's ?

If you have access to crxde you can check under asset path renditions node if there is a failedrenditions node or all okay like below and also under assets's jcr:content node if assetStatus is processed?

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 8.21.16 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-09 at 8.22.16 AM.png

Is this issue specific to an image or a mime type like tif or psd or with all images under all folders?

Can you download jpeg rendition above and see if it opens ? 

Also just rerun Dam update workflow once as that creates these static renditions or try to reupload the asset on local & cloud instance and see if it works.

Level 3

I do not have ability to view the crxde.  addtinally, reran the dam update asset workflow and this is simply broken on all our asset mime types.  all.  

so not sure how to remedy...any ideas with my limited access?  we are in between a third party vendor to assist with configurations.

Level 3

Just the large preview is not showing, all other previews are working...