Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Customizing the TouchUI side bar - How can I restrict the types of assets in the side pane drop-down?

Level 1

In AEM 5.6 we have restricted the tabs in the content finder to remove unused tabs such as manuscript and paragraph, because our content author users don't need them.  This was achieved by denying the group the read permission on:

lib/media/articles/extensions/contentfinder/manuscripts.js
lib/wcm/extensions/contentfinder/paragraphs.js

This permission still works on the ClassicUI in AEM 6.2.  We want to create the same restriction for the TouchUI.  Here instead of tabs, the values are shown as a drop-down in the assets finder side bar.  Is it possible to restrict the values in this?

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/develop/extending/customizing-consoles-touch.html gives useful advice on how to remove options from the navigation, but doesn't cover the editor side bar.

One thing that hasn't worked is putting restrictions on the place in the JCR where I think the options are defined:

libs/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/sidepanels/edit/items/assetsTab/items/filterPanel/items/search/items/searchpanel2/items/manuscriptfilters
libs/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/sidepanels/edit/items/assetsTab/items/filterPanel/items/search/items/searchpanel2/items/paragraphfilters

2 Replies

Administrator

Hi

I guess, you can overlay the code at:-

"/libs/dam/gui/components/admin/assetpicker/assetfinder/assetfinder.jsp"

You create your logic to restrict assets here.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

"/libs/dam/gui/components/admin/assetpicker" this is the place where all the jsp's of assetpicker is present.

Please have a look at this community article:- http://experience-aem.blogspot.in/2016/03/aem-61-touchui-extending-side-panel-for-removing-asset-bro...

//TouchUI Extending Side Panel for Removing Assets Browser

On the same lines, you can restrict assets with their extensions.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni