Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

continuous error with ajax call to .2.html when hovering over authoring ui

Level 1

hello everybody
i am struggling with following issue: every time the user is hovering over the parsys of given component types
(all "container + items" like things, made of a container/list itself,  an inner parsys and there the usual 1-n inner "item" components)
an ajax get call is done from the aem's own editing/authoring code to a resource with a path/url pattern like:
GET /[SOME-PATH]/par/[CONTAINER]/par-[INNER-PAR-NAME].2.json HTTP/1.1]

This call goes wrong every time, massively polluting the client's as well as server side logs!
With entries like:

*INFO*  GET /[SOME-PATH]/[CONTAINER]/par-[INNER-PAR-NAME].2.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Resource /etc/designs/jodel/sites/jcr:content/productpage/par/page-section/par-section.2.json not found
*WARN*  GET /[SOME-PATH]/[CONTAINER]/par-[INNER-PAR-NAME].2.json HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.webservicesupport.impl.ConfigurationManagerImpl Cloud service [] not found
*ERROR* GET /[SOME-PATH]/[CONTAINER]/par-[INNER-PAR-NAME].2.json HTTP/1.1] libs.wcm.foundation.components.page.author$html 'categories' option might be missing from the invocation of the /libs/granite/sightly/templates/clientlib.htmlclient libraries template library. Please provide a CSV list or an array of categories to include.

What is the component registered for selector .2.html ?
Under what circumstances and to what purpose is this called by the aem authoring js logic?

Many thanks in advance! All hints highly appreciated : )
Best

13 Replies

Level 10

Never seen this - i am checking with internal ppl to see if this has been seen before. 

Level 2

Is there any news to this i would be curious to know.

Level 4

Hi,

Do you have any more information on this error? We are currently facing the same issue.

Level 10

This is not normal behaviour and may be a bug - if you experience this, I would open a support ticket.

Level 3

Do you have ACS Commons installed?  I've only ever seen it with that installed and have not figured out how to fix it.

Level 4

Yes, we do have ACS Commons installed and also we are very much dependent on that for authoring. We are using some of their widgets.

If you are using ACS Commons, Did you re wrote the code without using ACS Commons?

Thanks

Level 1

Paolo Tognola It is caused by

./content/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/acs-commons/touchui-widgets/source/touchui-limit-parsys.js

$.ajax( { url: path + ".2.json", async: false } ).done(function(data){

Also check here:

/content/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/acs-commons/touchui-widgets/source/touchui-configure-parsys-placeholder.js:

130 :                 $.ajax( designPath + ".2.json" ).done(configure);

See Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 61 - Touch UI Limit the Number of Components Add... For more info

Level 7

its in /apps/acs-commons/touchui-widgets/source/touchui-configure-parsys-placeholder.js as well.. Can you uninstall acs commons and see if this happens...

Level 1

I had the same problem and initially thought its because of nested parsys' , which it kind of is.

The problem lays in the way the design path for the parsys config is built.

The config he was trying to pull was

http://localhost:4502/etc/designs/myProject/jcr:content/myPage/myMainParsys/myComponent/myComponentP...

So in my case if I was looking in my design content.xml at

/etc/designs/myProject/jcr:content/myPage/myMainParsys/myComponent/myComponentParsys

and of course my config only contained the parsys' not the components in between containing them. So for this example the "myComponent" node was missing.

So I added it and of course now he could read the nested parsys config. Error gone.

<jcr:root xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0"

xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0"

xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"

xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0"

jcr:primaryType="cq:Page">

<jcr:content jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" jcr:title="My Design"

sling:resourceType="wcm/core/components/designer">

<myPage jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">

<myMainParsys jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="wcm/foundation/components/parsys"        components="[/apps/myProject/components/myComponent]">

<myComponent jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="/apps/myProject/components/myComponent">

<myComponentParsys jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="wcm/foundation/components/parsys"

components="[/apps/myProject/components/mySubComponent]"/>

</myComponent>

</myMainParsys>

</myPage>

</jcr:content>

</jcr:root>

I hope this helps. Not sure if this is a bug or if I was writing my design xml wrong all the time.

Level 7

From what I see, there should not  be a need to add this node manually. The node structure created automatically seems to be incorrect. Nested parsys path should auto-point to the correct path under designs.

Administrator

Please create a support ticket for this and also do share the solution with the community.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Has this been raised as a candidate for the next CFP for 6.2 and 6.3? Although these are just warnings it's frustrating to get so much log spam.