Expand my Community achievements bar.

Content As a Service (CaaS) In AEM | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Content As a Service (CaaS) In AEM by 3Share

Abstract

When I was consulting on a digital transformation programme, the client stakeholders presented a very interesting use case:

As a marketer, I want a system that will produce consistent and engaging experiences across multi-channel platforms.

After assessing their system landscape, we decided that to support their request, we needed to design a hybrid solution with a decoupled approach. Basically, we leveraged the channel-agnostic Headless Feature of Experience Manager for maximum content reusability. My team implemented a Content Delivery Framework with a scalable and Hybrid Architecture to promote content relevance with a flavour of a Content As a Service (CaaS) model.

What do I mean by Hybrid Architecture and how does it help with CaaS?
Traditionally, content operations and implementations are designed and delivered on a single technology stack aiming to minimise the cost of delivery, system maintenance and training. However, one of the limitations is templating everything which outputs fully formatted HTML, targeting a limited number of channels and forcing martech teams to invest more resources for implementing change, delays experimentation and increases go to market time. It also makes content delivery heavy for the networks.

To address the above issues, our Hybrid Architecture managed content as a Single Source of Truth, free from both business logic and presentation technology. This solution consisted of AEM as a headless CMS at the center with SpringBoot based microservices providing complex business services and multiple presentation technologies to handle on-demand experiences on various channels. The diagram below explains the content flow.

Read Full Blog

Content As a Service (CaaS) In AEM

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies