Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Content Approval Workflow and User Permissions

Level 3

Hi all,

I am working on premise AEM (6.5.10). In here I have three websites . I want to create users in the website for authoring,testing and approver role.

So basically I want to create a content approval worflow for all three websites with different users with roles of author, tester and approver. 

Here I want that user on role of author for one website cannot access/edit  the page of another website.

I am clear for how to create the workflow but I want to know how to provide user permission regarding the above mentioned scenario.

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You would create groups for different websites, then you would go to Tools> Security> Permissions . Choose the respective groups and assign the jcr:read/ jcr:write/jcr:all or neccssary permission in respective content path like /content/siteA. This way you can keep the users from one site accessing the other site.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You would create groups for different websites, then you would go to Tools> Security> Permissions . Choose the respective groups and assign the jcr:read/ jcr:write/jcr:all or neccssary permission in respective content path like /content/siteA. This way you can keep the users from one site accessing the other site.

Community Advisor

hi @janhavi_singh 

For creating the permissions you can proceed with the way which @shelly-goel highlighted and also via the code using the Repo-init file (Repo Init scripts can be created under /apps/project_name/osgiconfig/config)

Sample Code for Repo-init

{
“scripts”: [
“create group test-group”,
“set ACL on /content/dam \r\n allow jcr:all for test-group \r\n end”
]
}

Hope this helps!

Thanks