Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

com.day.cq.mailer.MailingException: Invalid mail service configuration

Level 6

I face an issue with Email Functionality developed using ACS Commons Email Service (com.adobe.acs.commons.email.EmailService). It throws the below exception even when the mail server is set up with proper configurations:

com.day.cq.mailer.MailingException: Invalid mail service configuration

Again, as mentioned in the below thread, restarting the bundle does help and the mailing function start working fine and mail is sent. But after few days the issue reappears. So the functionality fails randomly and doesn't work until and unless we restart the "com.day.cq.cq-mailer" bundle. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/com-day-cq-mailer-mailinge...

Please let me know in case anyone is aware of the root cause of the issue.

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@ibishika 

The issue seems to have been reported by multiple users on the platform. Somone mentioned, they use "Refresh packages" when they start noticing issue.

If someone is able to guide us on the issue, it would be awesome. Else, can you possibly raise an Adobe ticket and share the suggestions with us... It would be a great help !

Aanchal Sikka

Level 6

Hi @aanchal-sikka,

Thanks a lot for the quick response! As I mentioned, refreshing the "com.day.cq.cq-mailer" bundle work for a while but that's a temporary fix and the issue re appears. As per your suggestion, we will go ahead with a Adobe ticket and let's keep this open to see if we get an answer from someone who already have solved this.

Regards,

Ishika B

Administrator

@aanchal-sikka Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 6

Hi @kautuk_sahni,

I would request you to keep this thread open to see if we receive any permanent solution to this issue and refreshing the bundle is a temporary fix and the issue reappears.

Regards,

Ishika B 

Level 4

Hi @ibishika 

I am also facing same issue. Did you find any solution for this..?

Administrator

@supriya-hande @ibishika 

In this specific scenario, the issue appears to be intermittent, as restarting the "com.day.cq.cq-mailer" bundle temporarily resolves the problem. This suggests a potential memory leak or another issue with the mail service bundle, causing it to crash after a certain period.

To further troubleshoot this issue, consider the following steps:

1. Increase the Logging Level to debug for the Mail Service Bundle: This will provide more detailed information about any errors that occur.

2. Utilize a Mail Server Monitoring Tool: This can help identify any mail server issues that may be causing problems.

Please create a support ticket, as this requires some debugging to further explore the situation. 

Kautuk Sahni