Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Carousel Images cannot be edited any more...

Level 1

Hi, excuse my non-professional expressions. I am new with AEM and not sure about the correct terms. Hope you understand my issue:

I have created several carousel images. After doing 1 change on a random carousel image (like uploading a new photo replacing the old one), the edit function is gone. When I open the page in another tab (called AEM Content Finder) there is no edit function anymore. Also the picture itself is not visible anymore on the opened tab. The do work though in the live environment. I tried creating new carousel components and start from scratch, but also here doing the next change also corrupts the carousel. See attached photos. 

Any ideas?

BR, Manuel

6 Replies

Level 10

In what path in the AEM JCR are you storing your images? A Carousel component should be pulling images to render from the AEM DAM. 

Administrator

Hi, excuse my non-professional expressions. I am new with AEM and not sure about the correct terms. Hope you understand my issue:

I have created several carousel images. After doing 1 change on a random carousel image (like uploading a new photo replacing the old one), the edit function is gone. When I open the page in another tab (called AEM Content Finder) there is no edit function anymore. Also the picture itself is not visible anymore on the opened tab. The do work though in the live environment. I tried creating new carousel components and start from scratch, but also here doing the next change also corrupts the carousel. See attached photos. 

Any ideas?

BR, Manuel

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Another option you have if the ootb carousel component is not meeting your needs to to create a custom carousel component using a JS Carousel API. See:

Scott's Digital Community: Creating a Custom Carousel component for Adobe Experience Manager