Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Can we create AEM screens outside /content/screens, forms outside /content/forms and experience fragments outside /content/experience-fragments?

Level 2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Omkar_Phadtare - I don't think it is a good practise to move the default workspace of XF or Forms. In case of AEM Screens, most likely changing the workspace from /content/screens to something else won't work because AEM channels are coupled with screen player (application) and there would be paths which would be preconfigured within the player app which will result in content not showing on the Screens.

There could be some default allowedTemplates on those workspace paths as well along with some other linking which could break the normal functionality.

May I know what is the use case for this ask?

- Jineet

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Omkar_Phadtare - I don't think it is a good practise to move the default workspace of XF or Forms. In case of AEM Screens, most likely changing the workspace from /content/screens to something else won't work because AEM channels are coupled with screen player (application) and there would be paths which would be preconfigured within the player app which will result in content not showing on the Screens.

There could be some default allowedTemplates on those workspace paths as well along with some other linking which could break the normal functionality.

May I know what is the use case for this ask?

- Jineet