Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Can't Override OOB Campaign Experiences

Level 1

Can someone help me with hiding Campaign Experiences and overriding the title of the "Offer Page" so I can set it back to "Teaser"?

I'm moving from CQ 5.5 to AEM 6.1, and I'm trying to keep things simple for my clients who are used to the previous Campaign/Teaser paradigm.  To do that, I'd like to hide the following default Experiences ("Importer Page", "Blank Canvas Page", "Experience", "Promotion", and "Voucher"), then take the "Offer Page" experience and re-title it back to "Teaser".

Thought I could hide the experiences by changing something in /etc/designs/default, but that doesn't seem to be where this information is stored.  Tried overriding by replicating things from /libs/cq/personalization/templates and /libs/mcm to /apps but couldn't find a combination of files to move, nor changes to properties, that made a difference.  The only way I could make anything change was to make those changes in /libs.

I also tried creating a custom teaser by copying /apps/geometrixx/templates/newsletter to /apps/myWebsite/templates/teaser, which did not work.  So, how does one add a custom experience to our list of experiences? 

Before someone refers me to the documentation--the AEM 6.1 version of documentation of Campaign Management, https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/personalization/campaigns.html, needs to be updated.  Someone started to update the text from a previous version and apparently didn't complete it.  The documentation doesn't match what you get out-of-box now, most of the links with anchors are broken, and the pages that are linked to this page also need to be updated, e.g. https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/personalization/campaigns/teasers-and-strategies.html

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please add 

/apps/cq/personalization/templates/.* and /apps/mcm/templates/brand

for 'cq:allowedTemplates' in /content/campaigns/jcr%3Acontent

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

If you see, teaser is dependent on campaign and inturn to brand templates. 

So try overriding all of them and it should be working. Below are the steps for the same

1. Copy /libs/mcm/templates/brand to /apps/cq/mcm/templates/brand and make the following changes
    a. Add /apps/cq/personalization/templates/campaign to allowedChildren
    c. Give your custom "jcr:title" to your "brand" template
2. Copy /libs/cq/personalization/templates/campaign to /apps/cq/personalization/templates/campaign and make the following changes
    a. Add /apps/cq/mcm/templates/brand to allowedParents
    c. Give your custom "jcr:title" to your "campaign" template
3. Copy /libs/cq/personalization/templates/teaser to /apps/cq/personalization/templates/teaser and make the following changes
    a. Add /apps/cq/personalization/templates/campaign to allowedParents
    b. Give your custom "jcr:title" to your "teaser" template

Now, the teaser template would come.

Level 1

Lokesh--

Thanks for the quick response to my question.  I followed the instructions with an OOB instance of AEM6.1 but the overrides that we expect are not occurring.  I even copied /libs/mcm/templates/brand to /apps/mcm/templates/brand, thinking that might be a typo in the instructions, but again with no success.

Anymore suggestions?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please add 

/apps/cq/personalization/templates/.* and /apps/mcm/templates/brand

for 'cq:allowedTemplates' in /content/campaigns/jcr%3Acontent

Level 1

Lokesh--

That was the missing piece--I should have known to look in /content/campaign. Thank you for the much needed help.

Craig