Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Can I turn on a native web service in AEM to adapt nodes?

Level 1

It seems that AEM has native web services or at least data access.

Instead of having drop downs go to a webservice to populate the drop downs (which I can do), I want to have my other system run once a day and just hit a webservice that AEM hosts to allow my other system to remove and add nodes with properties. That requires that I have a webservice on the AEM. Here is the general structure

• apps
    • myapp
      • components
        • content
          • myfield
            • cq:dialog
              • content
                • layout
                • items
                  • category 1
                    • layout
                    • items
                      • column
                        • items
                          • myitem1
                          • myitem2
                          • myitem3
                  • category 2
                    • layout
                    • items
                      • column
                        • items
                          • myitem1
                          • myitem2
                          • myitem3

I want to go to 'category 1' or 'category 2' and want to remove 'myitem1', 'myitem2', 'myitem3' then replace them with other items

I want to do this with web services.... web services that AEM hosts.

I tried using Access Control - admin and adding access control to the 'Access Control List' but got this error (besides it might not be the right direction anyway)

1288011_pastedImage_56.png

2 Replies

Level 10

AEM does not expose a native web service (ie - WSDL). If you want an external system to manipulate nodes, you will have to write a Sling Servlet that can be invoked via a POST or GET from an outside client and then have the Servlet use JCR API logic to create the nodes you want.

Or an external Java client can use the JCR API to manipulate nodes in AEM as well.