Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bringing AEM Back to Life with JConsole | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Bringing AEM Back to Life with JConsole by Daniel Klco

Abstract

One of the most frustrating experiences in AEM development is "bricking" an instance. This happens when you do something that renders the instance unusable due to no longer being able to login or access the repository when it's running.

Most of the times when this has happened to me when I've been messing with the authentication portions of AEM. Most, recently while working on the com.adobe.granite.auth.oauth bundle. This bundle is the basis for a number of AEM authentication features including Adobe IMS.

I checked the logs and saw a nastygram:

15.09.2021 14:52:34.780 *WARN* [127.0.0.1 [1631731954777] GET /libs/granite/core/content/login.html HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.granite.metrics.knownerrors.impl.ErrorLoggingComponentFilter Exception in component: category=CUSTOMER_CODE, resourceType=granite/core/components/login, exceptionType=org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException, errorId=CUSTOMER, resource=/libs/granite/core/content/login, exceptionMessage = org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 25 in the generated java file
Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.granite.auth.ims.ImsConfigProvider resolves to a package

An error occurred at line: 26 in the generated java file
Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.granite.security.user.UserManagementService resolves to a package

An error occurred at line: 362 in the jsp file: /libs/granite/core/components/login/login.jsp
UserManagementService cannot be resolved to a type
359: }
360:
361: final XSSAPI xssAPI = sling.getService(XSSAPI.class).getRequestSpecificAPI(slingRequest);
362: final UserManagementService userManagementService = sling.getService(UserManagementService.class);
363: final ValueMap cfg = ResourceUtil.getValueMap(configs);
364:
365: final String authType = request.getAuthType();

An error occurred at line: 362 in the jsp file: /libs/granite/core/components/login/login.jsp
UserManagementService cannot be resolved to a type
359: }
360:
361: final XSSAPI xssAPI = sling.getService(XSSAPI.class).getRequestSpecificAPI(slingRequest);
362: final UserManagementService userManagementService = sling.getService(UserManagementService.class);
363: final ValueMap cfg = ResourceUtil.getValueMap(configs);
364:
365: final String authType = request.getAuthType();

An error occurred at line: 409 in the jsp file: /libs/granite/core/components/login/login.jsp
ImsConfigProvider cannot be resolved to a type
406: <%-- optimized for mobile, zoom/scaling disabled --%>
407:
408:<%
409: ImsConfigProvider imsConfigProvider = sling.getService(ImsConfigProvider.class);
410: if (imsConfigProvider != null) {
411: imsLoginUrl = imsConfigProvider.getImsLoginUrl(slingRequest);
412: %><%

An error occurred at line: 409 in the jsp file: /libs/granite/core/components/login/login.jsp
ImsConfigProvider cannot be resolved to a type
406: <%-- optimized for mobile, zoom/scaling disabled --%>
407:
408:<%
409: ImsConfigProvider imsConfigProvider = sling.getService(ImsConfigProvider.class);
410: if (imsConfigProvider != null) {
411: imsLoginUrl = imsConfigProvider.getImsLoginUrl(slingRequest);
412: %><%

Clearly something is wrong with the Granite Auth IMS bundle, so now I can't login to anything in AEM (including the System Console) because I completely broke login. Great.

Read Full Blog

Bringing AEM Back to Life with JConsole

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies