Expand my Community achievements bar.

Brand portal limit folder access

Level 2

Hello,

we have a case where some users want to share one folder with a group, within the Brand Portal.They want to share this folder but not one of the subfolders.

• Folder "Container" (Shared with group "A")
    • Subfolder "First folder" (Inherits sharing with group "A")
    • Subfolder "To hide" (They want to hide this folder for that group)

Is there any way to achieve this situation?

Thank you

3 Replies

Level 8

Hi @Guglielmo89 

One way to approach this could be to share the subfolders individually i.e. instead of sharing the Container folder, share only "First Folder" with Group A and only the "To Hide" folder to Group B OR you would have to move out to the subfolder "to Hide" from the hierarchy. 

I know this is more of a workaround but this is how we ended up implementing it.

Thanks

Narendra

Level 2

Hi Narendra,

thank you for your solution, but the users already thought about this and they wanted to mantain the main folder structure when sharing. They tried and saw that sharing only the subfolder does not show the parent folder in the file system of the brand portal.

I asked if there was another solution but maybe it is not part of the features of the BP.

Thank you,

Guglielmo

Administrator

@Guglielmo89 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni