Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

apple-touch-icon 404

Level 2

Hi, 

I have been recently looking into our publisher logs and found that our logs are loaded with 404 from app-touch-icon not being found. Searched online and found that its being automatically requested from apple mobile devices. Is it to filter these kind of request in dispatcher. Could someone guide/help me with this ?

Logs:
31.08.2023 00:06:21.428 *INFO* [91.66.109.77 [1693440381423] GET /content/lass/published-sites/de/de/apple-touch-icon-120x120.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Resource /content/lass/published-sites/de/de/apple-touch-icon-120x120.png not found

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SanthoshAs1 

Yes, it has been requested by the device.

You can refer /libs/core/wcm/components/page/v3/page/head.resources.html.

If you are inheriting this component in your page level components, than you can overwrite this too.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @SanthoshAs1 ,

You are correct. These images are requested by the devices.

We had a similar situation.

These could either be,

1. excluded from Dispatcher by adding rules to prevent forwarding the request to AEM publish servers, or,

2. upload an apple touch icon at the location seen in the logs into AEM dam and simply publish it making it a HTTP 200 response.

There is one other way I can think of, but will not recommend it. That is redirecting the touch icon request to a cached 404 page in dispatcher.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Preetpal

Level 2

Thanks Preetpal, I will use dispatcher filters to filter out these

Community Advisor

It seems that there might be an issue related to the favicons on your website, which appears to be improperly managed. By default, certain devices and browsers request specific types, formats, and sizes of favicons for their applications. For instance, some iPhones and iPads require a high-resolution favicon to accommodate their retina screens. Due to these factors, it's advisable to have various versions of your favicon readily available.

I recommend reading this article: https://sympli.io/blog/heres-everything-you-need-to-know-about-favicons-in-2020. Afterward, you can automatically generate your favicons using a free web tool, such as https://realfavicongenerator.net/.

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SanthoshAs1 

Yes, it has been requested by the device.

You can refer /libs/core/wcm/components/page/v3/page/head.resources.html.

If you are inheriting this component in your page level components, than you can overwrite this too.

Level 2

We have overwritten it to this 

<template data-sly-template.favicons="${ @ path ='/etc.clientlibs/lass/clientlibs/clientlib-libs/resources/icons', additionalPage }">
<meta content="${path}/favicon-${additionalPage.brand}.ico" name="msapplication-TileImage" />
<link href="${path}/favicon-${additionalPage.brand}.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />
<link href="${path}/favicon-${additionalPage.brand}.ico" rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" />
</template>