Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Altering the page publication date in workflow

Level 1

I have an existing page that was sent via workflow to publish at midnight. The stakeholder now wants to have that page published for noon the next day. How do I prevent that page from publishing at the earlier time and instead publish on the next day.

I know we could tell the page author to revert back to the page's earlier state, and then re-enter the new content the next day for scheduled publication at noon. Any way to change the publication date without reverting content back?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

@victortranatx : Are you using Activate later feature to publish page at midnight? If yes, you can terminate (before midnight obviously) the workflow to cancel page activation.

If you want to cancel this activation/deactivation, go to the Workflow Console to terminate the corresponding workflow.

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-65/content/sites/classic-ui/authoring/...

Once initial publish request is cancelled, you can trigger another Activate Later request for the next day.

thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am not sure if I am understanding correctly, but can you update the workflow to publish the page at the desired time?

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Level 9

@victortranatx : Are you using Activate later feature to publish page at midnight? If yes, you can terminate (before midnight obviously) the workflow to cancel page activation.

If you want to cancel this activation/deactivation, go to the Workflow Console to terminate the corresponding workflow.

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-65/content/sites/classic-ui/authoring/...

Once initial publish request is cancelled, you can trigger another Activate Later request for the next day.

thanks.

Level 1

Thanks Kamal! I went to the Tools > Workflow > Instances

...and then "terminated" the workflow. Was the answer I needed.