Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEMCaas - How to handle caching for renditions for images?

Community Advisor

Hi Team

We are using processing profiles to generate new renditions for the images. Now to access those images , the path is something like <image-path>/jcr:content/renditions/<rendition-name>.extension . I remember previously we had faced issues with caching in dispatcher while accessing thumbnail renditions (In non Cloud Versions) and the same was solved by accessing the renditions the way mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/kb/dispatcher-caching-issue-displaying-image-rendition... . I am trying to understand , if a similar issue will come in this case ? If so , how can I get around given the fact that , the solution in the above link is valid for renditions with format /jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.<width>.<height>.extension

Any help is appreciated. TIA

Thanks

Veena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are correct, you can still use the approach you mentioned, that has not changed. And of course you could use DynamicMedia, which takes care of that for your as well.

in AEM CS I advise not to use the AdaptiveImageServlet of ACS AEM Commons, as it does all image transformation in memory and you might run into OOM. Use image profiles and let the AssetCompute service create all the renditions for you; this is much more efficient.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are correct, you can still use the approach you mentioned, that has not changed. And of course you could use DynamicMedia, which takes care of that for your as well.

in AEM CS I advise not to use the AdaptiveImageServlet of ACS AEM Commons, as it does all image transformation in memory and you might run into OOM. Use image profiles and let the AssetCompute service create all the renditions for you; this is much more efficient.