Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM unable to login

Level 2

Hi Experts,

We are running AEM 6.0 with SP2. After a recent restart of one of our publish instance, we are no longer able to login with admin credentials.

We keep getting the following error in the logs:

16.10.2015 13:49:40.262 *WARN* [qtp2074601335-30] org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler /libs/granite/core/content/login.html
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid token ''
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.authentication.token.TokenCredentials.<init>(TokenCredentials.java:42)
        at com.day.crx.security.token.impl.TokenAuthenticationHandler.createCredentials(TokenAuthenticationHandler.java:578)
        at com.day.crx.security.token.impl.TokenAuthenticationHandler.extractCredentials(TokenAuthenticationHandler.java:352)
        at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.AuthenticationHandlerHolder.doExtractCredentials(AuthenticationHandlerHolder.java:75)
        at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.AbstractAuthenticationHandlerHolder.extractCredentials(AbstractAuthenticationHandlerHolder.java:60)
        at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator.getAuthenticationInfo(SlingAuthenticator.java:697)
        at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator.doHandleSecurity(SlingAuthenticator.java:452)
        at org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator.handleSecurity(SlingAuthenticator.java:438)
        at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext.handleSecurity(SlingHttpContext.java:121)

Any help in this regard is much appreciated !!!

Thanks,

Anwar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

Correct answer to this question is to clear cookies, whatever is marked as "correct" is incorrect.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor
        Right, well after recent restart something must have happened to your system. As this exception is not the most explanatory one check earlier in the logs for more meaningful hints to what has happened and why authentication does not want to work. Thanks, Peter

Level 2

Hi- Figured out that the authentication is successful. But the "login-token" cookie return by AEM is not valid.

It is supposed to be like: login-token=4177bc3c-8d72-40e2-be47-bd6f93c1b5ae%3ad7bd26b3-cd48-4430-b7d7-d60fdecb2361_660c460ab31f8e8f%3acrx.default

But it looks like this: login-token=117182c7-02d4-4c88-97b3-0714fa1ff3b2%3a<MISSING TOKEN>%3acrx.default

Any idea why this could have happened and any remedies?

Level 10
Was there any custom implementation or other changes done to your AEM instance that may account for the changed behaviour in the token?      

Employee

Hi Anwar,

are there any exceptions in your error.log during startup? Have all the bundles started in your instance?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 2

Hi Anwar, 

I am also facing the same issue. How did you resolved this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Kamal

Level 4

Can you let us know your OS version and Jdk version ? Such issues have been observed with Java version and windows 8. Please check this link

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/technical-requirements.html#Supported Platforms

Regards,

Samir

Level 2

Hello Samir,

We are on

java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

AEM 6.0 SP1

Thanks

Kamal

Level 4

I faced this issue sometime back and resolved it by deleting the cookies which removes the login-token cookie value.

Once this cookie is removed, I tried to login again which set the proper cookie / token value and I was able to login fine!

Level 1

Hi.

I know it is old, but someone could have the same problem as I did today.

We have this project in AEM 6.0 and I had the very same issue.

The problem is when you have a working instance and try to run it using the command line:

java -server -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx4024M -jar cq56-author-p4502.jar -r author, nosamplecontent

Using the /bin/ ./start should let it start normally.

It worked for me.

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

Correct answer to this question is to clear cookies, whatever is marked as "correct" is incorrect.