Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM RTE styles plugin selects more than one option in the dropdown

Level 2

Hi, 
I have implemented the RTE styles from this documentation plugin but the is one issue. I'm able to select more than one option at the same time from the dropdown

1668803_pastedImage_5.png 

I want only one style selected at once just like the paraformat dropdown

I checked other answers regarding this issue but couldn't find any custom plugin or OOTB solution. Please let me know if anybody has developed a solution for this.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hr-empd

I just tested the functionality and I believe it is the default behavior of the styles plugin. 

As there can be a span tag inside a span tag, the multi-select option is enabled to styles and it is valid behavior.

for example, take a look at this element.

BattiniSravan_0-1650212070755.png

here I created styles likes this.

BattiniSravan_1-1650212202980.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hr-empd

I just tested the functionality and I believe it is the default behavior of the styles plugin. 

As there can be a span tag inside a span tag, the multi-select option is enabled to styles and it is valid behavior.

for example, take a look at this element.

BattiniSravan_0-1650212070755.png

here I created styles likes this.

BattiniSravan_1-1650212202980.png

Level 2

Hi @B_Sravan 

yes this behavior is fine from coding perspective but its confusing in the authoring interface. Can we change this so that only one value is selected at a time in the styles dropdown

Level 4

@hr-empd I have the same problem. Can you customize it to select only one style?

Employee Advisor

Hi,

As far as I know, this is the default OOTB behavior and works as expected.