Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Pages are broken

Level 3

Hello Everyone,

I'm using AEM 6.5.17 on Premise version. It works fine for some time but later it behaves strangely when i open pages - it looks broken. I don't understand this behaviour, Can any one provide me a permanent solution.

Error :- 

java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Record eb29430d329e7cf31cea72fe407ea0906743f2f133b9465cd88559d2093be6e7 does not exist.

I have tried opening the instance through command prompt and double clicking it.

System - Macbook 13.5.1

Attached images for your reference. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Santhosh_Talepalle_0-1693534320324.png

Santhosh_Talepalle_1-1693534344316.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Santhosh_Talepalle 

The error message you've provided, java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException, typically indicates an issue related to the data storage subsystem in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).

There could be many reasons for the same :

1. Disk Space: Insufficient disk space on the server where AEM is running can lead to errors.

• Check the available disk space on the server.
  • Clear any unnecessary files to free up disk space.
  • If disk space is low, consider resizing or cleaning up disk space.

2. Data Store Configuration: The data store configuration might be incorrect or there could be issues with the data store itself.

• Check the AEM configuration files related to the data store (usually in the crx-quickstart/repository/datastore directory).
  • Ensure that the data store configuration points to the correct storage location and that the necessary permissions are set.
  • Validate the configuration against AEM documentation and best practices.

3. Logs and Stack Traces: Review the AEM logs and stack traces for more detailed information about the specific error.

• Check the AEM logs for additional error messages or context.
  • Look for any stack traces that might provide insights into the root cause of the issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Santhosh_Talepalle 

The error message you've provided, java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException, typically indicates an issue related to the data storage subsystem in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).

There could be many reasons for the same :

1. Disk Space: Insufficient disk space on the server where AEM is running can lead to errors.

• Check the available disk space on the server.
  • Clear any unnecessary files to free up disk space.
  • If disk space is low, consider resizing or cleaning up disk space.

2. Data Store Configuration: The data store configuration might be incorrect or there could be issues with the data store itself.

• Check the AEM configuration files related to the data store (usually in the crx-quickstart/repository/datastore directory).
  • Ensure that the data store configuration points to the correct storage location and that the necessary permissions are set.
  • Validate the configuration against AEM documentation and best practices.

3. Logs and Stack Traces: Review the AEM logs and stack traces for more detailed information about the specific error.

• Check the AEM logs for additional error messages or context.
  • Look for any stack traces that might provide insights into the root cause of the issue.

Level 3

Hello @ksh_ingole7 , Yes, there are some files missing in the data store folder which caused this issue IMO. I don't see any potential fix for this unless restarting the jar in a new folder with a service pack. Thanks for your Insights.

Employee

@Santhosh_Talepalle The error is of datastore exception which means data segment is missing or not able to read on the start. 

Trying using the below link steps :
https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/datastore-inconsistency-record-not-found-.html 

However a quick solution would be to delete crx-quickstart folder and reinstall the local set up.

Community Advisor

Hello @Santhosh_Talepalle 

If its your local and easy to set up, I would suggest to create a fresh instance. 

Minimum requirements for running Adobe Experience Manager:

• 5 GB free disk space in the installation directory
  • 2 GB memory

- Stop AEM instance gracefully.

- Could the files possibly have been deleted during a OneDrive sync?

- Was the AEM copied from another folder? if yes, was there an error while copying files

Else, other way is to implement the steps suggested in https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/datastore-inconsistency-record-not-found-.html

Aanchal Sikka