Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

AEM OOTB Form Component and AJAX Submission

Level 1

I'm evaluating AEM 6.2 OOTB forms component to build a Newsletter signup form with AJAX submission, this is not AEM Forms that is licensed separately.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/develop/components/developing-forms.html

I'm also planning to use AEM OOTB form builder to create multiple forms in the future. I'd rather use this form builder to build multiple forms (with custom actions) rather than creating new form component from scratch every time or paying for AEM Forms license.

I have not used this component previously, can someone advise on the following:

1. Can I make the form submit request via AJAX and capture response from the server side / API (asynchronous)?
  2. Is there limitation in terms of styling capability?
  3. Any other limitations / gotchas that I should be aware of?

Would love to hear some advices on this, would be great if someone can share some implementations as well.

FYI, I'm using AEM 6.2 SP1 and will be upgrading to 6.3 in the near future

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Please have a look at this helpx article covering your use-case:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Submitting Adobe Experience Manager form data to Java Sling Servlets

//Submitting Adobe Experience Manager form data to Java Sling Servlets

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

Please have a look at this helpx article covering your use-case:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Submitting Adobe Experience Manager form data to Java Sling Servlets

//Submitting Adobe Experience Manager form data to Java Sling Servlets

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni