Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM compatibility with Angular versions

Level 4

Hi All,

I am working on an AEM-SPA project using Angular 9 and AEM 6.5. Everything working fine as of now and the site is in production already.

Now the team is expecting to upgrade the Angular version from 9 to 11/13. Is it ok to upgrade the Angular version to 11/13 now?

Please can anyone confirm the  compatibility of the Angular version with AEM?

Regards,

Shyam

13 Replies

Level 4

I want the official document to support this AEM-Angular version compatibility.

Anywhere mentioned in Adobe document about this topic.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

As far as I know, AEM 6.5 is compatible with Angular versions up to Angular 10. Couldn't find anything confirmed  related to angular 11.

Community Advisor

Hello @shyamasundar-ks 

• Based on my understanding AEM 6.5 was released before Angular 11 or Angular 13 versions and it officially supports Angular versions up to Angular 9.

Employee Advisor

Hi @shyamasundar-ks ,

You should be able to upgrade the Angular version as the latest released version is v16 & support for v2 - v13 has already ended.

There is no official documentation stating the compatibility checks.

However, with latest archetype you can use Angular 11/13. You might face issues with deprecated methods.

Best Regards,

Milind

Level 4

Hi Milind,

We can't use the latest AEM archetype because development is completed and the site is in production now. 

I want to upgrade only the Angular version for the existing project with no changes from the AEM end.

Without the latest archetype only upgrading the Angular version will help in this case.

Regards,

Shyam

Level 4

Dont know exactly but it is within 23 to 26. It started 2 years before. 

Administrator

@EstebanBustamante @lukasz-m @Jörg_Hoh @Saravanan_Dharmaraj @arunpatidar @krati_garg @Peter_Puzanovs @Asutosh_Jena_, I kindly request all of you to review these questions and provide your insights to the author. Any guidance or suggestions towards resolving this question would be highly valued. Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

From a backend dev perspective it should be possible to update Angular, as long as the backend calls stay as they were. For the integration into AEM (and the authoring UI) I cannot say much.

I would check the defaults of the latest maven archetype respective the Angular setup, for example https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype/tree/develop/src/main/archetype/ui.frontend.angular

Level 4

Hi All,

I have upgraded the Angular version from 9 to 11 it worked as expected no issues.

When I upgraded the Angular version from 11 to 13 build and deploy I faced the following issue. I verified the error log, the below error is printing in error.log. Please can anyone help with this?

12.12.2023 14:42:44.794 *ERROR* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1702372364693] GET /content/abc/ab/qa/en/login.html HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.aem.spa.project.core.internal.impl.utils.HierarchyUtils SPA root page not found, returning null

spa-project-core : Bundle is in Active state, all the dependencies are in resolved state and bundle is in Active state.

shyamasundarks_0-1702373971187.png

@kautuk_sahni : Please can you help on this.

Regards,

Shyam

Level 1

Did this issue got resolved? If so please share. Tnx

No, it's not yet resolved, dint find any resolution for this issue.

Now I am trying Angular 13 and 15 with new latest archetypes 45 and 47 facing build issues in ui.frontend module. Angular teams are checking on this.

Any official documentation from the Adobe team will be helpful here if they confirm what Angular version it will support.

@kautuk_sahni : Please can you help with this issue?