Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

AEM Assets Implementations

Level 10

Hi all,

My understanding is that AEM Assets is an integral part of AEM and will work behind AEM implicitly.

Will there be some direct AEM Assets implementations as well (with AEM or without)?

If AEM Assets needs to be configured to ingest store and manage video and audio assets in varying lengths and formats, is there any customization that we need to do or it is all out of box?

Is there anything special required to stream the audio-video media to a client (AEM or non-AEM)? Or it comes as standard?

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

No, these are same. Digital Asset management functionality (DAM) available in AEM is called AEM Assets.

This is not supported.

Correct

Dynamic media is an add-on to AEM Assets. You would have to purchase it separately.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Administrator

We can certainly do most of the stuff by AEM Assets (OOTB) as mentioned by you apart from the editing of the videos.

And AEM assets requires separate license.

If you want to use videos on a large scale then they Dynamic media would be the recommended way. Apart from assets SKU, you would have to purchase DM SKU.

More details about DM videos can be found in this article. https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/assets/using/video.html#WorkingwithvideoinDynamicMedi...

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Hi Kautuk,

Thanks for responding.

1. Is AEM Assets different from normal Assets behind AEM that comes OOB?

2. I followed the below URL, but could not get a gist of it.

Digital asset management, enterprise DAM software | Adobe Experience Manager

Where could I get a summary of it?

3.  Could we perform editing of the videos with AEM Assets, which is not possible in regular Assets?

4. SKU is related to SW licenses correct?

5. Is DM a cloud based product that requires a separate license?

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Employee

No, these are same. Digital Asset management functionality (DAM) available in AEM is called AEM Assets.

This is not supported.

Correct

Dynamic media is an add-on to AEM Assets. You would have to purchase it separately.