Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

AEM 65 on-premise - Styles not showing up when added via sly include data-sly-resource

Level 1

AEM 65 on-premise - I see the Styles are being broken when i add the component via "sly data-sly-resource" tag.

example:

at this component " /apps/weretail/components/content/list/list.html " am adding " /apps/weretail/components/content/teaser " with below tag. I obsereve that Style system of Teaser works fine when its being added outside with in Parsys but not when added via "data-sly-resource".

Is there any extra steps/configs that needs to be done to make the styles to work.?

Included component :
<div> <sly data-sly-resource="${'testvar' @resourceType='/apps/weretail/components/content/teaser', decoration='true'}"></sly></div>

vardhanp_0-1710430725173.png

Styles broken :

vardhanp_1-1710430834677.png

Styles works in parsys :

vardhanp_2-1710430911817.png

7 Replies

Community Advisor

I just tested this on the latest AEM SDK, and it looks like its working as expected.

And so, on the template I added polices on the container > component level, for /apps/weretail/components/content/teaser to apply styles

I created a new component that calls 

<div> <sly data-sly-resource="${'testvar' @resourceType='/apps/weretail/components/content/teaser', decoration='true'}"></sly></div>

and I can see the styles both inside of my individual component of /apps/weretail/components/content/teaser, and inside of my custom component with the <sly data-sly-resource="${'testvar' @resourceType='/apps/weretail/components/content/teaser', decoration='true'}"></sly>.

if you really want to solve this issue on a legacy version of AEM, you might need to write a servlet with some custom clientlibs code, or just upgrade to the latest versions of AEM.

Level 10

@vardhanp Two things we can check here:

• Try with adding property cq:IsContainer as true as part of parent component.
  • Check template Policy

Community Advisor

@vardhanp 

Please assure that the container thats hosting the "component with teaser (via <sly>)" also has a default policy set-up for teaser.

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

Hi @vardhanp 
This happend because the policies are missing for teaser component inside parent, you might have policy inside container but refer same policy for the parent component as well. 

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Hello all,

I did try the parent and template level of adding below Styles which are same as Teaser component. Still issue persists

vpanapaku_0-1710521442008.pngvpanapaku_1-1710521471793.pngvpanapaku_2-1710521495486.png

vpanapaku_3-1710521554941.png

Level 2

@vpanapaku

Click on 'Configure' option and close then check if 'styles' are showing options.

Administrator

@vardhanp Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni