Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

AEM 6.5 Service Pack Breaks Touch UI Dialog Multifield (Coral UI)

Level 2

The dialog is wired into the Asset Details page and is used for creating an approval workflow for the asset. We have a multifield where the author can select a sequence of groups for approval in the workflow. When we upgraded from 6.5.4 to 6.5.19, the multifield stopped working. The "Add" button is rendered in the multifield, but does nothing when clicked. If you inspect the dialog on the front end, you can see that the button is missing "coral-multifield-add" in the button element. The rest of this dialog, including datepickers etc...works just fine.

Instead of (working)

<button type="button" is="coral-button" coral-multifield-add class="coral3-Button coral3-Button--secondary" size="M" variant="secondary"><coral-button-label>Add</coral-button-label></button>

we get (not working)

<button type="button" is="coral-button" class="coral3-Button coral3-Button--secondary" size="M" variant="secondary"><coral-button-label>Add</coral-button-label></button>

Note that the button is exactly the same, but is missing "coral-multifield-add"

I've tried replacing our multifield with a multifield that is dead simple. E.g. a simple textfield multifield. However I always get the same result where the buttom is rendered inoperable. Any pointers on where to look in Coral UI or how to debug this would be most helpful. I am not getting any console or log errors that give a clue as to the problem.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

@jonathanRad There may be an issue with resource type and composite property. Try to make changes around it once  

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield"
composite="{Boolean}true"

Level 2

Thank you, but yea we are already using that resource type and setting composite={Boolean}true.

Level 10

@jonathanRad can you please once compare 6.5.4 multifield structure with 6.5.19 working one from OOTB. There may be a structure change.

Level 2

Sure. I have tried that to some extent, but will give it another look. I haven't found the solution yet, but I will post it here when we find it. thanks!

Administrator

@jonathanRad Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni