Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.3 Code Deploy issue

Level 2

Hi Team,

I am trying to upgrade our servers to aem 6.3. We are on 6.1 SP2. I updated my pom file to point to uber-jar for aem 63. I am facing two problems for now.

1. All my bundles looks like they are active. But When I check the components in Felix console, the service components are in satisfied mode.

2. when I try to make them active, I see below error in the log.

02.10.2017 15:34:52.462 *ERROR* [qtp969897082-2664] org.apache.felix.metatype Missing element AD in element OCD : bundle://529.0:0/OSGI-INF/metatype/metatype.xml

02.10.2017 15:34:52.463 *ERROR* [qtp969897082-2664] org.apache.felix.metatype Missing element AD in element OCD : bundle://529.0:0/OSGI-INF/metatype/metatype.xml

3. Also when I try to go to user admin screen using touch UI, I see below error. Not sure what is missing.

02.10.2017 15:32:00.517 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1506972720499] GET /libs/granite/security/content/useradmin.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException

java.lang.NullPointerException: Arguments cannot be null

at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.ResourceResolution.resolveComponentInternal(ResourceResolution.java:118)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.ResourceResolution.getResourceFromSearchPath(ResourceResolution.java:74)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.impl.utils.ScriptUtils.resolveScript(ScriptUtils.java:31)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.impl.engine.SightlyJavaCompilerService.getInstance(SightlyJavaCompilerService.java:112)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.impl.engine.extension.use.JavaUseProvider.provide(JavaUseProvider.java:131)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.impl.engine.extension.use.UseRuntimeExtension.call(UseRuntimeExtension.java:72)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.impl.engine.runtime.RenderContextImpl.call(RenderContextImpl.java:75)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.libs.granite.ui.components.shell.header.user.user_html.render(user_html.java:39)

I tried a lot to resolve the issue #1, building my code, but failed in all ways. Can someone help me to figure it out.

Thanks,

Narendra N

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Kautuk,

I fixed it. The main problem is with the replications bundle having the version issue. When I fixed it using the right version in import package, it was only adding that particular package as an Import. I was having wrong import package when I compared with the earlier version of the services and new version of services bundle in Felix. So I fixed it using the below,

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
  <instructions>
  <Import-Package>com.day.cq.replication;version="[6.0.0,7)",*</Import-Package>

</instructions>
</configuration>
</plugin>

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Kautuk,

I fixed it. The main problem is with the replications bundle having the version issue. When I fixed it using the right version in import package, it was only adding that particular package as an Import. I was having wrong import package when I compared with the earlier version of the services and new version of services bundle in Felix. So I fixed it using the below,

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
  <instructions>
  <Import-Package>com.day.cq.replication;version="[6.0.0,7)",*</Import-Package>

</instructions>
</configuration>
</plugin>

Administrator

Thanks for sharing the answer with the community.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni