Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

AEM 6.1 Authentication handler setup

Level 4

Hi All,

We are trying to setup oauth authentication handler on an aem instance. The AEM instance is already running a website with its own set of authentication handler and a CUG.

The challenge we are facing is to setup authentication for this new site.  Let me tell you the current setup.

We already have an authentication handler setup on "/content". At the time site was designed content was not sub-categorized under a folder.

So, we have

Custom auth handler     -----        /content

Now for the new site we created a new folder under /content/NewWebSite/

Now when we setup oauth handler to protect this new site

Custom auth handler     -----        /content

oauth auth handler        -----        /content/NewWebSite

Our new oauth handler never gets invoked instead we get "Access denied page" . If we run new website on a fresh aem instance not containing first site everything works fine.

Kindly help us with a solution resolving the setup for new site. We cannot move first site into a sub-folder. It is too much of testing effort for us.

Regards,

Adil

1 Reply

Level 10

Having Auth handler for /content is too generic path will always execute the service registered with this path unless there is another service with higher service ranking. So I highly doubt if two different handler with these path will work.

Just wondering, why can't you update the auth handler for path /content to more dedicated path. You should be able to do this via felix also.