Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe AEMasCS - Workfront Integration - Is there a way to approve a task from AEM?

Level 4

Hello everyone,

i've a requirement where the client has AEM integrated with Workfront and they want to approve a task from AEM. Basically if the asset is correct the want to approve the task from AEM.

Do you know if there is a way to do it?

Note: I'm reviewing the Workfront - Change Status workflow step but i dont know how it works

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to approve a task from AEM if it is integrated with Workfront. Here are some steps that you can follow:

1. First, ensure that the integration between AEM and Workfront is set up and functioning properly.

2. Create a workflow in AEM that includes a step to approve the task.

3. In the workflow step, you can use the Workfront - Change Status workflow step to update the status of the task in Workfront to "approved". This step allows you to select the Workfront project, task, and status to update.

4. Once the workflow is executed, the status of the task in Workfront will be updated to "approved".

It is important to note that the Workfront - Change Status workflow step requires a valid Workfront API key and Workfront project ID. You can store these values in the AEM configuration node, and then reference them in the workflow step.

I hope this helps!

Level 4

Thank you very much @ManviSharma ! i will test it and let you know the results.

one more question, do you know where is the task id on workfront? or how i can get it?

because the only "id" i can see is the reference number but i think this is the project id

victor_toledo_3_0-1683595662164.png

thanks again!

Level 4

I add the answer in case it is useful to someone else

I solved this requirement using the aem API for workflows. Basically, I added in the asset metadata a text field where the user can set the task id, I also added a dropdown with the list of task statuses from the workfront. So, added a new change event listener and when the user selects a new status, a new call to aem is executed and a new workflow instance is created which has the java logic to call the job front and change the status of the task.

Browser->AEM->Workfront