Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Add new fields to the dialog of workflow

Level 5

I've a custom workflow (No custom Java involved) which is mainly aimed at reviewing the pages before it gets published. Now I want to add a few fields to the existing dialog which currently shows like this :

arindam6600_0-1704731369516.png

Say I want to add a field where the author will put in the relevant ticket number and also put in some checkboxes for the authors to indicate what all sections they've modified.

These fields should start populating in either the Workflow Info or WorkItem tab.

arindam6600_1-1704731658249.png

Can someone please help me out with the approach? I'm fairly new to workflows and appreciate any help that I get regarding this.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Sure, we can configure workflow dialog to load custom fields.

Here are some references that might help you:

1. Create custom workflow component with dialog | Adobe Experience Manager: This tutorial walks you through the steps involved in creating a custom workflow component.

2. Implementing custom process step with dialog | Adobe Experience Manager: This tutorial is intended for AEM Forms customers needing to implement a custom workflow component.

3. Create a custom AEM workflow process step with a dialog - DLightHouse: This post provides a guide on creating a custom workflow step.

4. Create Dialogs in AEM – AEM CQ5 Tutorials: This tutorial guides you on how to create dialogs in AEM.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Sure, we can configure workflow dialog to load custom fields.

Here are some references that might help you:

1. Create custom workflow component with dialog | Adobe Experience Manager: This tutorial walks you through the steps involved in creating a custom workflow component.

2. Implementing custom process step with dialog | Adobe Experience Manager: This tutorial is intended for AEM Forms customers needing to implement a custom workflow component.

3. Create a custom AEM workflow process step with a dialog - DLightHouse: This post provides a guide on creating a custom workflow step.

4. Create Dialogs in AEM – AEM CQ5 Tutorials: This tutorial guides you on how to create dialogs in AEM.