Expand my Community achievements bar.

Add data-nosnippet html attribute to a DIV contains text

Level 1

Dear community members,

My AEM site has a content section that is wrapped within a master Div class. To tell Google not to use textual parts of an HTML page as a snippet showing on SERP. The site's textual parts are wrapped within a master div class (<div class="content box section">)

Google Documentation: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/crawling-indexing/robots-meta-tag#data-nosnippet-attr

It would be a great help if, anyone here guide me on how it is possible to add HTML attributes within a DIV class.

Happy New Year in advance.
Thanks,
Saday Kumar

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Sadaykumar 

I hope you have also explored "Robots" property available in Page properties. It has following options OOTB

aanchalsikka_0-1672047519734.png

Aanchal Sikka

Level 1

Thank you @aanchal-sikka for your reply.. 

I belive, this will add nosnippet tag for all the content present on the page. Kindly let me know will this tag help to add data-nosnippet to a piece of content section? 

Example

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Eos dolore expedita ut dolores beatae ab voluptas nisi. In debitis voluptatem in aspernatur rerum sed nostrum rerum. - Fine to appear on SERP

Qui error dolore quo ratione dolores ut nihil mollitia vel culpa sint a cupiditate maxime sit enim tempora non voluptatibus aliquid. Ea repudiandae vero eos consequatur dolorem ab voluptas magnam et quia voluptatum! Est odio omnis hic nisi nobis eum dolor assumenda. - I dont want this content piece appear on SERP and need to add data-nosnippet within this content div. 

Ad eaque accusantium et voluptas suscipit eos voluptatem voluptatem et beatae praesentium **bleep** tenetur explicabo. Sit nostrum magni **bleep** dolor atque sit libero consequuntur aut corporis sunt in rerum illum. - Fine to appear on SERP

Hope I am able to elaborate the situation and its making sense. It would be great if you help me in this context.

Thanks

Saday

Community Advisor

I would assume your AEM web page is made up of several component's, and your content author's would like granular control, on which component blocks should have the data-nosnippet or not.

How I am going to do this is by adding the data-nosnippet feature to my components. I would target the affected component's and then add a new section in the touch ui called "SEO",. Within the "SEO" section, include a checkbox for data-nosnippet. When this checkbox is enabled, the data-nosnippet will appear, and if not (default setting), the HTML element will never exist.