Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Leading/Spacing within the Hamburger menu

Level 6

Is there anyway to adjust the spacing or leading within the Hamburger menu list?

My client wants to include Home Collection elements, as well as all the sub-browse page elements within the hamburger menu. The list ends up being extensive, and having to scroll defeats the purpose of quick access through the application menu. If we could adjust the amount of space between the listed items, it could/would make it much more effective.

Thanks!

Tommy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the suggestion. To be honest I doubt we would ever get this prioritized high enough to tackle. I would work with your client on the information design in the app to convince them that a menu with that many items is a poor reader experience. Instead maybe do just top-level items, and when tapped that takes you to a lovely designed browse page with the sub elements in it.

Neil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

...can we consider that a feature request? 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the suggestion. To be honest I doubt we would ever get this prioritized high enough to tackle. I would work with your client on the information design in the app to convince them that a menu with that many items is a poor reader experience. Instead maybe do just top-level items, and when tapped that takes you to a lovely designed browse page with the sub elements in it.

Neil

Level 6

Agreed Neil... not to mention that reducing the space between could potentially decrease UX as it'd be more difficult to tap the right area - especially on smaller screens.